Engine wont turn over ! why!!

GoldenMotor.com

capriottikidd

Jul 26, 2009
oceanside, long island
today i started it fine. when i pedal and engage the clutch the back tire locks up and skids to a stop. The engine is not turning over. anyone have any ideas for why this is happening. thanks

biken stins

Jul 11, 2008
Did you make sure fuel was on ?
Prime it till fuel comes. Did you try chokeing it ?
Got spark ? If it is a new engine did you replace the plug ?
Plug wire makeing contact ?
If so it could be a short in the kill switch.
If you have spark and fuel it should fire.

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
wow that doesnt sound good....you did mix oil into the gas right....we need to figure out what is siezed....this is a china motor right???well we know that the clutch move cause your able to peddle it....try taking the plug out and seeing if you can turn the motor over....maybe your hydrolocked....try putting some oil into the plug hole...a ring might be stuck....im hoping its something simple for you....unfortunately you said you can peddle it so the obvious thing like the chain binding wont work for ya

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
The piston was stuck? Hmmmm, how did that happen? Did you get it to run?
I would bet you are running way too lean if it siezed.

I bet it doesn't run well for very long.

capriottikidd

Jul 26, 2009
oceanside, long island
i have no clue why it might have gotten stuck, i was still in break in period and running 24:1 and today some one told me i should run even leaner.... but my plug is black and the top of the piston too

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I would check the piston to make sure the ring pin is in there, and also if you have any damage to the cylinder wall.
Finally, check for evidence of the sprocket/chain/case binding up behind the left cover. I know you said your freed the engine up, but maybe that's where it was sticking....it is common.