Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default Re: New build, very tight fit, intake fabrication.

Cool info.Thank you. The heat sheilds are home made. I got tired of burning myself!
No good deed goes unpunished
Old 10-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: New build, very tight fit, intake fabrication.

Nice shields Pat, they're good for "stealth" too, I'd imagine.

That's a good idea with the 'hose Vinny.

At the original angle, it ran pretty good actually. Idled great, and the top end screamed. It runs a lot worse with the extension. But that could be my fault. The 3/4" elbow is clamped over the shorty, so there's like a ledge there. When going down to idle, it'll rev like crazy and I have to let the clutch out a little to help it settle. There's no air leak, so I think a puddle builds up at(and under) the ledge and won't let it idle for a good 5 seconds after going off throttle.

On the other end of the scale, it won't rev up half as fast, or near as far either. Going to rethink the 3/4" and figure out a more streamlined internal profile. You'd think that going from the 3/4" to the 1/2" would create a 'venturi' effect. But nope, no luck with this set up. Back to the plumbing section ^^)

Stinky, that's a good tip. I've also read about filling a tube with water and freezing it for the same effect, to keep it from 'pinching'.
Cards, 29er, Trailer, Hack'em'up
Build with pride! Build to ride!
"A clean shop is a sure sign of a cluttered mind" ~ fasteddy