Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 04-14-2010, 03:49 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: More Power!!!!!

i will recomend a expasion chamber i rode in a bike from usa bike that the expasion chamber and u could feel the difference on speed and acceleration they dont have them posted on their website u have to call for price
Old 04-14-2010, 07:54 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Thumbs up Dual tailpipe mod...

If you can't afford an expansion chamber then try the "dual tailpipe" mod. Drill a 10mm hole beside the existing tailpipe, then insert a 3/4 brass male coupling. You have to rebore/redrill the male coupling to have a 8mm inner diameter. The maximum tailpipe diameter should be 16mm based on the exhaust port dimensions. Existing tailpipe is only 8mm, but you can measure it just to be sure as long as the total is not greater than 16mm. Set the male coupling with some muffler glue if you don't have a welder. However, this causes your engine to run lean so you have to adjust your mixture and/or your carb to run richer. I think this mod only works on mufflers that has a bolt in the middle - the one that has no cat. (meowwww !!!) Check your plug afterwards and engine temp.
Regardless if it's left or wrong, the opposite is always right.

Caution: This hobby is habit forming.