Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:37 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Find a Dealer & Review

i ordered a kit from was $184 shipped $139 for a full 66/80cc kit. with the optional $15 universal mounting kit

paypal caused a problem with ordering so i had to wait 2 days to get it taken care of, but when i finally did the guy i talked to on the phone and he went out of his way to make sure my kit was shipped that day (even though it was only 8 minutes until they officially left work for the day), while figuring out what was going on with paypal, i asked what he thought of the optional upgraded carb, chatted a bit, called paypal , called back kings, and straightened everything out n he told me he'd be sending the upgraded carb FREE to make it right (and let me remind you paypal caused the problem, not them).

shipping was kinda slow, but im across the country and their was a big snow storm out on the great lakes region,so again it was not their fault, and even then, tracking number said i'd have it in a week, even with a blizzard i got it in 6 days. not bad, not bad at all.

when i finally received it, it was not the motor i had ordered, it was an upgrade from it, brand new grubee skyhawk GT5 with the cns carb. lorenzo (i beliieve that was his name) really went out of the way for me.

the gas tank looked a little scratched up but overall everything seemed to be in order.

im still waiting on my bike to be shipped and delivered, ordered a brand new worksman for my first build, (worksman supposedly makes the best bikes in terms of durability period, but before you decide on one know they take 3+ weeks on average to have shipped from your order date) so i haven't fired it up yet, but i'd give kingsmotorbikes a 5* for customer service for sure, and their pricing didn't seem bad at all imo.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:56 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Had great experience meeting Norm of Venice Motor Bikes, and just ordered a new carb for my Honda GXH50 from Terry at BlowByU.

Thanks again!!!!
Old 06-04-2011, 07:23 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Review: Industrial Bikes

Link to their web page: Home

They seem to have a good selection of heavy duty parts. I bought a rear hub rebuild kit from them for $14.95. They actually sent me the whole thing. It was a Shimano CB-E110 for my Dyno Roadster.

It took 3 weeks for them to send out the order. Here is what the return address was for them:

Bowling Bicycle, Inc.
Retail: Bay Area Schwinn
1411 South Houston
Pasadena, TX 77502

They shipped UPS. There was no shipping charges but they did charge me $1.20 for tax. Strange.

Bottom line: The order took too long, great price and I got what I paid for.

Dyno Stretch Roadster, now a TRIKE! (Big Red) 7' 8 1/2" of riding pleasure!

[B]Rear eschelon MF's suck! Just a stray thought from 1967!
Member 20mph club!
Old 10-25-2011, 07:29 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member

I ordered my 50cc engine from rock solid bicycle engines on Sunday night 23/10/11 received a email back Monday morning saying that it will be ready for shipping by Wednesday 26/10/11 when i receive the package i will Finnish my review but at this stage i am very happy with the response
got my engine finally my local post office had it sitting there a week before sending notice to me not bad for only 200 metres down the road anyway the packing was good nothing damaged nothing missing engine had bolts replaced with hi tensile bolts, engine had been built all gaskets sealed carby was on and adjusted engine was test ran as well, fuel tank had been leak tested, service was great, bike ran first start everything they stat on there web page they do is dune 10/10 would recommend to anyone.

Last edited by jamz1378; 11-19-2011 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Finally got my Engine