Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Cruiser Bicycles

Motorized Cruiser Bicycles The beach cruiser has always been great bicycles to motorize. They just look good with a motor. Use this section to share and discuss about motorizing this classic.

Old 03-27-2010, 12:00 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default bike chain alignment

ok i seriously need to ask a stupid question here, but do your sprockets on your pedal side need to be even with each other in terms of how far they stick out from the bike frame? my sprocket at my pedal is out farther than the sprocket at my rear wheel so the chain is at a slight angle. i havent really figured out how to get them even so i get a smoother ride. my chain keeps popping off when i try to pedal really fast or when im going uphill and have to exert a lot of force. when im riding it feels like i have to pedal with A LOT of force to get a little movement out of my bike, it is only a 1 speed cruiser though. any help???
Old 03-27-2010, 07:09 AM
Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Default Re: bike chain alignment

The pedal side is out of alignment? Are you sure the frame didn't get stepped on? Or is this a multi-speed bike that you've removed the derailuer?