Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Cruiser Bicycles

Motorized Cruiser Bicycles The beach cruiser has always been great bicycles to motorize. They just look good with a motor. Use this section to share and discuss about motorizing this classic.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:50 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default traditional rear mount kickstand...

I have looked all over the internet, and haven't found anybody having the same problem as I am

I bought a rear-axle kickstand that doesn't seem to fit my frame properly. What could I do to go about making it so it does? File it down, pound it out...??

I think that I'm more than likely going to have to do some kind of cosmetic modification.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:25 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: traditional rear mount kickstand...

cut, chop rebuild, hack it, beat it, bend it, weld it, throw it in the garbage, just kustomize it!!!!.....if it aint kustom, it just aint.....
Old 03-24-2010, 07:31 AM
The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Default Re: traditional rear mount kickstand...

A picture of the stand on the bike and a description of what the problem is would help in trying to figure out a fix.
I have one of those and never had good luck with it as it interfered with the hardware for pulling a trailer. What is better I think, is a center "butterfly" stand. But maybe we can get what you have to work. Post a pix.
Someday when I grow up I will probably lose interest in toys with wheels, but until then...