Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:22 AM
Default Quality vs saving?

I have 2 kits and this is about bicycles and my experience. I have 1 bike I bought from Dicks sporting goods for almost 200$ and I have a bike I bought for 102$ off the net trying to save a few bucks. In my opinion the 200$ BIKE IS 5 TIMES THE RIDE AS THE CHEAP ONE!. iF i can help 1 person in this endeavor its worth my saying. The brakes and frame were vry much more satisfactory on the 200$ mongoose then the cheaper steel frame bike............any way my point is to newbies and it does make a difference on the bicycle you choose............good luck.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:12 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Quality vs saving?

I hear ya bandito, to a point. From what I've seen, there are more expensive bikes that are very similar to the lower-cost bikes as well. Also, depending on what you are trying to do, you may have to purchase different wheels or other items to get exactly what you want, like a drum front brake. Paying more up front only means that you'll be paying more. If you are simply looking for a bike to put an engine on, more often than not, buying the best platform to start with will give you a much better end result.

There's no post or thread that can be as beneficial as knowing what you want and doing your research beforehand.