Centrifugal Clutch Motors

GoldenMotor.com

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Just wondering if anyone has tried one of the in frame two strokes with the Centrifugal Clutch? I see Livefast Motors has them on their web site for $150. I guess I am wondering about how well they take off from a dead stop. I have used the centrifugal clutch Pocket Bike motors on mini bikes I have built, and they usually needed a little help to get going, and I only weight 160 lbs.
I had decided not to build any more bikes this winter, but I have a couple really nice Trek Mt. Bikes sitting in storage just waiting to have a motor put on them. Thought I might try something a little different with the Centrifugal clutch motor.

John

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I only have one c-clutch bike. Last season I rode the bike quite a bit. The c-clutch did not come into play much. I could not make the engine idle low enough to disengage and still be dependable.
This winter I removed some mass from the weights. It now performs like it should. Takes off well and disengages when I slow for a stop.(similar to a std. mini bike). I do not have to peddal.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
My bike is a 26" Scwhinn Delmar cruiser with rear side baskets,tank is on rear rack.
I have a 48cc Starfire gt2 grubee with pullstart and centrifugal clutch (gasbike).
My bike takes off from a stop like a rocket and does not need any help.
The top speed so far is around 31.7mph @ around 180mpg (my idle is set low).
I am running a stock black cat muffler (holes inside were enlarged a little).
Air filter is old model; round gold and white open with filter.
I weigh 120lbs so if you weigh a lot more you might have to peddal a little to get going.
My engine still starts with the first pull.
I have around 1,000 miles on it.

44t sprocket with 410 heavyduty bmx chain on engine and peddal sides.

Last edited:

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I need to get the conversion for my BGF,guess better put it on a bike and make it run first lol