Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: MIG Welding TV show

Most trade schools offer short night courses in welding. They are good as they are interactive. Learning differant methods an insight to various types of metals, heating and electrodes. The courses are usually very reasonable considering you can use the knowlege forever. Many employers will pick up the tab even if it is not directly job related. By all means watch the program. If I had a tv I'd watch it. Perhaps I can get them them to tune it in at the sports bar.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: MIG Welding TV show

Originally Posted by Mac View Post
DD, Careful what you ask for, I welded in a shipyard, for sure a young persons job, crawling thru tanks dragging you wire feeder..Auugggg! But being able to weld well takes practice. This show is only the basics, my only comment, the welder controls the weld, not the machine, you don,t have to push the process, adjust it to where you need it, kind of feel and hear when it's right. Yes the 220vac gives you more omph. I've used a Lincoln 125 110vac(Baby welder) when I go out to do a job, small tank, easy to carry, I use .035" 70s solid wire, If I prep the job I cab Multi pass just about anything. 220 is just nicer. Oh BTW, that innershield gasless wire is yuchie, only use in a pinch, stick with shielded, cleaner and eaiser(with gas).
ya i know what you mean im no newbie i have a great teacher and i dont mind that flux core it just takes practice. I live in an ag community so i plan on doing more around town jobs and maybe building tankers for semi's for ruen.