work stand/station??

GoldenMotor.com

pdubs

Jan 16, 2010
chicago
man id hate to say this since im still a young guy, but man do my knees hurt!! all them years riding BMX when i was younger really paid a toll on my knees. bending down working on my bike just gets so damn annoying.. here in the shop i have the luxury of lifiting the cars we service.

anyone have a good solution to a bike lift/work station?? i was thinking of using an old table i have and rig a clamp mount to hold the wheels or bottom bracket.

any ideas for a work stand and pics would be great! thanks guys :D

pdubs

Jan 16, 2010
chicago
i didnt even think to check harbor frieght, i always forget about that store.. wish they would list how much weight it can handle before keeling over, but the price is right.

that Park tool stand looks great! but id rather put that money towards my bike :D

thanks for the links guys

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
i didnt even think to check harbor frieght, i always forget about that store.. wish they would list how much weight it can handle before keeling over, but the price is right.

I have the same one but a higher quality one.It will hold MB's pretty sturdy (enough to work on them),you'll probably have to remove the exhaust while your bike is in the stand due to clearance.You can always mount a pole into cement or something with enough weight and attach a clamp..

pdubs

Jan 16, 2010
chicago
hey now thats an easy idea! there are old posts in the floor here in the shop.. i can probably just weld a pipe to it and a plate to the top of that, excellent ideas.

many thanks! :D