New memeber From Northern Alberta

GoldenMotor.com

NorthJet

Jan 31, 2010
northern Alberta Canada
Greetings to all

This site is addictive! I don't yet have a MB but have had and have many bikes and motorcycles.
List:
'84 Suzuki 1100 gk touring just restored
2002 tomos moped (sold)
'84 honda 150 elite (sold)
'79 honda 550k (sold)
'72 ct honda 90
26"Supercycle Mountain bike X2 -daily driver
3 speed CCM Sturmy Archer shifter (sold)
10 speed Sikine (sold)

I ride the 90 in winter and relate to the posts of the snow riders here
Looking forward to posters in Alberta or the northern pairies who are building MBs or enjoying riding them
Cheers

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Howdy North jet,; I'm greeting u from Edmonton...Ive got a rack mount Bridgestone Titan from Island Hopper...this is my second winter that Im ridding it.

My motorized bike is just eats right through the winter-as a matter of fact I just got back tonight from a 5 mile ride durring a snow storm.

The secret to winter ridding is all in the tires- treads of my back tire are just like snow mobile tracks.

NorthJet

Jan 31, 2010
northern Alberta Canada
Oh great!
Pretty stormy tonight!
Not the only one who likes MBs and winter riding! I bet that Titan is great for winter riding with the wieght on the back tire. Is it a bmx or mountain bike? Are the there any other peeps with bike motors in Edmonton? Sure be fun if there were more folks riding motorized bikes.

The ct 90 is a natural for winter riding, but its getting long in the tooth and needs insurance and registration. Starts easy up to-20. After that I take the plug out and warm it up and squirt some gas in, finger tighten and it fires up. Run it for a couple of minutes and snugg the plug up. and away i go! I use on of those neoprene masks. When cold.

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Yea, there are others around in town here,but I don't see them out in the winter.
All my bikes are mountain bikes.
There are pictures of my winter bike here in the pictuer and video section of the tavern.

They are titled The Mud Hog-My Winter Bike right now they are 6 up from the bottom on page 7