3 Wheeled Bike?

GoldenMotor.com

FREDMAN

Jan 25, 2010
memphis,tn
Can I mount an engine to my 3 wheeled bike? Will they fit most antique Murray/Huffy/Sears? Do I need to know an Astrophysicist to help me install? thank you Fred

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Fredman,
Sorry that link I put up for you was bad. Try using the search feature at the top of the page. Type in 'trike' and click on the 'search titles only' box. You'll find plenty of trike information to read..
Tom

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Fred, I Threw A Friction Drive Trike Together In A Hurry. I Started With Friction Drives. They Have Their Advantages And Are Mostly Trouble Free. I Never Had A Flat, But Did Not Ride A Lot Of Miles. I Made My Own Mounts Back Then. "bikemotorparts.com" Has A Scratch And Dent Sale. I Would Use 49cc Engine. A Titan 4 Stroke Would Bolt Up. I just clamped a 1/2" dura rod to seat post`s and used a coupe shaft collars to hold mount in place. it worked very well. hope this helps. i don`t think you lose much top speed with a friction drive. Ron .cvlt1

Attachments

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I too have thought about motorizing a trike, I think I found the one I would like to start with... Maybe dual electric hub motors?!
Those make my arms sore just looking at them...but what a cool motortrike any of them would make. I'd bet those are some high dollar machines. Keep us posted, please.
Tom

warrior

Dec 16, 2009
sebring fl
Can I mount an engine to my 3 wheeled bike? Will they fit most antique Murray/Huffy/Sears? Do I need to know an Astrophysicist to help me install? thank you Fred
im sorry i dont know the answer but i have the mounts available for the schwinn meredian that allows you to just bolt engine to frame without any changes or fabrication cliff

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I too have thought about motorizing a trike, I think I found the one I would like to start with... Maybe dual electric hub motors?!
I think what you would have to do on this bike is put a rear wheel hub motor on the front.A lot of trikes use hollow hub wheels.I dont think they make hollow hub wheel motor kits.that is one crazy bike.I have seen a lot of recumbant/and/or,"tadpole"trikes but never this one.most are out of my price range.I'm a budget shopper!lol ps.cyclone tw. just a hint

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I keep my engine up front so I have room in back. I've taken this trike FAR.
This is an older pic. I thought my pics were gone when my 8 year old Mac gave up but I found an album in my facebook account!
It's a Worksman trike,BTW.
nice trike.I have a greenline cruiser I just put a lowrider trike conversion kit on.just got the chains on it but its still not finished yet.trying to hook up a light with a keyswitch that I got off e bay to my old golden motors kit.tricky.it has regen braking,cruise control,pedal assist,and reverse!and an alarm system.but,for 48v1000w its not to fast.tops out at 23mph.lots of torque though.very strong!