Hi...I'm the biggest newbie alive

GoldenMotor.com

DirtKid

Jan 9, 2010
Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Hello, you can just call me DirtKid. My grandpa has just gotten me a mini bike that need to b fixed...a lot...i haven't seen it yet, but i have no clue what anything is. I have no idea what 2 spoke or 4 spoke is, and i have no idea what to do...i pretty much only want the basics and the useful info that won't get me hurt because i want to try and figure most things out on my own, mostly because i am more of a hands on learner, and following instructions just isn't my thing. Thank you in advance for all the help.

skipu

Aug 6, 2008
New jersey
Hello, you can just call me DirtKid. My grandpa has just gotten me a mini bike that need to b fixed...a lot...i haven't seen it yet, but i have no clue what anything is. I have no idea what 2 spoke or 4 spoke is, and i have no idea what to do...i pretty much only want the basics and the useful info that won't get me hurt because i want to try and figure most things out on my own, mostly because i am more of a hands on learner, and following instructions just isn't my thing. Thank you in advance for all the help.
keep reading and learning the basics and you get it welcome to the forum .wee.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Welcome to the forum DirtKid... we'd love to help and prolly can so a certain extent - but yer best bet is to find out what make/model/year yer mini bike is and google up some info specific to it. While a lot of the general theory is the same, all motors are slightly different and as we're geared towards motorized bicycles - we're not gonna be able to easily help you with specific parts replacement and known issues beyond the basics.

Havin' said that - we can clear some things up right off lol, it's two or four stroke and that refers to the number of times the piston moves up and down per ignition. A four stroke has more moving parts like valves and stuff - a two stroke while simpler, needs oil mixed in with the gas (tip of the iceberg lol, but a good start). There's no way for us to guess which it is ("minibike" could be anything heh) and they're completely different animals needing completely different care and maintenance.

Still - once ya get the thing and can show some pics there outa be more we can help with. Generally speakin' minibikes are really simple so it'll be great to learn on. They're a blast to ride too ofc lol