Long time wrencher, first time motor biker

GoldenMotor.com

tinkerfinger

Jun 10, 2008
Howdy, I am a long time mechanic who builds everything from robots to autos, I raced BMX in the 80's successfully, but have not ridden a bike in 10yrs. I picked up an 80 schwinn cruiser on Craig's list, and media blasted it, painted it mars red. custom cut front and rear fenders. added basket. it has electra rims, nexus 3 speed hub, flame pattern tires. The thick chain with the bgf 80cc kit is tight between tire and outer bottom frame rail. All is going together smooth, except ignition module is DOA. No reply from bgf yet. I have yet to run it. Ordered new module from another vendor.

Last edited:

tinkerfinger

Jun 10, 2008
Yes, I am way past that. Former small engine mech. Tested with voltmeter. with and without plug wire on unit. with and without kill swith. Even old fashoned ride it holding spark plug against block. its dead.

Last edited:

tinkerfinger

Jun 10, 2008
No worries, Im just upset with go fast boy. they wont stand behind the product. I should have said something when i first saw the module, It had ink stains on the wires, and they looked they had beed melted together before. No wonder it didnt work. looks like it was tossed in the box to complete the sale. I will never deal with them again.