Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Cruiser Bicycles

Motorized Cruiser Bicycles The beach cruiser has always been great bicycles to motorize. They just look good with a motor. Use this section to share and discuss about motorizing this classic.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:05 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Made in the USA

Originally Posted by Whizzerd View Post
Very nice bikes fellas! I never realized how attractive the frame "lines" are on the old Murrays. For our Canadien friend, Murray Mfg. made lawnmowers, garden tillers, snowblowers, kiddie wagons, you name it. I believe they were absorbed into MTD some years ago. If John Deere ever made a bike bet it was green and yellow!
John Deere has many co-branded bicycles. Not exactly "Made" by John Deere, but the idea is there. - Design & Manufacture Stylish Customed Beach Cruiser Bikes and Components
"Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics."
Old 03-14-2010, 08:30 PM

I to found an old murray a few weeks ago. I intended to build it and sell it. I didnt like cruisers until I rode it for the first time! I got the bike from some snow birds here in Az and the bike was in pretty decent shape but I tore it all down anyway and thats when I saw every part stamped made in the usa. I thought thats kinda cool! I have grown really attached to this bike and keep working on it. Fenders and an expansion chamber should be here this week. I am 6' and have yet to find a cruiser comfortable to me without a laid back seatpost but havent found a decent one yet so I made my own. With the big fat sprung seat this bike is sooooo comfy! Made in Tennesse! I need some American Flag stickers for the tank!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 02-25-10_0931.jpg (181.7 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg 03-10-10_1346.jpg (258.3 KB, 82 views)

Last edited by bluenosegoat; 03-14-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:46 PM
Default Re: Made in Canada ?

Originally Posted by robin View Post
Hey guys anyone try a classic Canadian bike like CCM--Rocky Mountain--Devinci--Massey-Harris-wow they made tractors too -did the American John Deere make one ? other makes-Goold-Welland-Vale who I believe also made garden tools. Picture is a CCM Light Delivery Bicycle with an attached "Pixie" bicycle motor is a "motorized bicycle".
John Deere did make many bikes they even have a new one as pictured -although it may now be from China- they had some in the 1890's too. i thot they must have and they are Green.If they are of the tractor's quality they will be fantastic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg John deere bike.jpg (10.7 KB, 80 views)

Last edited by robin; 03-15-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

Every time I'm browsing through these threads & I read the title of this one it always causes a reaction in me, So I'm gonna write about it now...

"Made in the USA"... There's only one bicycle company left in USA (Worksman) because 99.99999999% of bicycle buyers would prefer to buy a chinese bike because of the cheaper price!
There's so many people out there who fly their American flags so proudly on their foreign cars...
Put your money where your mouth is! (or your flag)

(I'm sure this is gonna get a lot of reactions from everyone here.)
For motorized bicycle sales, service & engine kits in Los Angeles, please visit us at-

Follow VMB on facebook>>>

Follow VMB on Instagram>>>
Old 03-16-2010, 05:52 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Originally Posted by Venice Motor Bikes View Post
"Made in the USA"... There's only one bicycle company left in USA (Worksman)
In addition to my sign work (I've had my business for 10 yrs but because of the economy I'm working like I was classically trained in Engineering) I work at the Boeing facility here in Everett, WA. We probably have at least a thousand of those bikes and trikes and they are heavy duty! I think if you took care of them they'd last forever. They have drum brakes, big thick tires and once up to speed are pretty smooth rolling rides. Of course everyone at the plant doesn't give a crap about them and beat them to death but they are nice heavy duty bikes.

Now on to the cheap stuff.... I purchased my Mtn bike back in 1990 and wanted to support an American company, searched High and low and was very disappointed that my Schwinn was built in Taiwan. Oh well, I tried
Brian in Everett, WA
BMW R1100RT, bunch of Hondas, Schwinn Sierra w/80-66 (Screamin Ninja Urban Assault Bike ;-) Iron Butt Association