Universal Tachometer

GoldenMotor.com

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
Has anyone heard of these? I guess a wire is wrapped around the spark plug cable and when it picks up a current it can show the rpms. I would love to find a nice one. any suggestions?
laff

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
kind of... but it says it refreshes every 2.5 secs. little slow, there are others on the site but they are more money, i guess i will do some research.

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
that is a nice tach. it is a little exspensive though. i am also getting a speedo with odometer. so i will have RPM, Speed, Hours, And Miles. But, I guess if i want to be accurate i should not start my new motor until i get those two things. now i am bummed that i have to wait.

Last edited:

TheE

Jun 26, 2009
Canada
I was in the process of building a homebrew digital tachometer that refreshes every 1 sec (adjustable). I had the program done and everything, but then winter hit :( Gotta wait for the summer to build it and try it out...

Last edited:

warner

Jun 5, 2008
ELGIN, IL
That looks like the same thing made by a different brand. How often does it update? 2.5 Sec? thst seems too slow. if it does, how do like it?
I'm using the one Staton sells, too (SenDEC). There IS a slight delay....but unless you are used to seeing a bouncing tach needle, it's adequate. It tells you what your cruising RPM is...and you can see how high you're revving and whatnot. And doubles as an hour meter, so that's a nice bonus. Good unit. Simple to install. You won't regret getting one.....very slick little meter.

Warner