Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Hi there

Hi there, I am new to all of this. I have been wanting a motorcycle since I was sixteen, but it was either money being too tight or not finding what I really wanted in a bike. I also hated that most motorcycles got little more than a honda car!... Long and short of the story here I am fixing to build my own gas powered bicycle. FINALLY something relatively inexpensive and good on gas. Enough about all that,
I was wondering which kit was most recomended?
And also what is the best bicycle for this?

(P.S. I know it's gonna be great to do this!)

Any input will be appreciated. Great Forum
Old 06-09-2008, 09:21 PM
minor bike philosopher
Default Re: Hi there

That depends on what you plan to do with the bike and how much money you have to spend on it.

If you go with the chinese 2 stroke kit I think they are all pretty much the same just get the best deal you can on one in my opinion. It is the only one I have any experience with.

whatever you decide to do if you have questions ask don't just wing it. people here will be glad to help and welcome aboard
My posts have entertainment value only. A bike ain't yours till it has your blood on it. Then it owns you.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Lots of motorized bicycle enthusiasts here. The bikes that work the best to put a motor on are the ones with the v shaped frame and normal size tubing. Others can be motorized but just take a little more fabrication. Pick a bike you like and start building. Lots of folks here more than willing to advize you along the way. Glad you joined us...................
Nothing sucks more than being in the middle of an argument and you realize you are wrong.........

Old 06-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Welcome to the group Bobby. These bikes are a blast and I think you will enjoy your bike when you get it done. Enjoy the ride...Kelly
I'm racin' Spitfire, turnin', poppin' wheelies, burnin' evil chasin' pop,pop, pop,pop,pop.... (The Pixies-Tony's theme)