The hernia thing got me thinking I need to do something short term. So this morning, I attached a handle to the two wheel trailer I am using on what I now call the Christmas Bike. My wife paid for a junker bike I was buying as my Christmas present.
The two wheel trailer on it has three 17ah batteries and it is very heavy. It had a single long tongue leading to the non-derailleur side of the rear wheel. On that side of the bike I had mounted a "L" bracket as a trailer hitch. I used a long piece of angle iron as the trailer tongue, it it was no trouble at all to add a foot or so piece of my fence stretcher rod as a upright. On top of that I used a piece of a broken brake harp as a handle. It actually is kind of weird looking sticking up so high, but then again the whole bike looks weird.