GRRRRRR....broken drive sprocket....

GoldenMotor.com

guero_loco

Dec 4, 2009
key west,fl
my auto-bike has 2 sprockets on one side of the back wheel both of them in a format similar to the way a regular bike with caliper brakes can pedal backwardswith no affect on the momentum of the bike. the large sprocket responsible for the motorized propulsion of the bike is now spinning freely in both directions.the bike is one of those schwinn windjammer folding yacht bike originally it had a 33cc engine and was built with 25 mph in mind...(would going 35-40mph cause too much wear on siad mechanism btw) any suggestions?
requards,
guero loco
:-||

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
It sounds like your wheel works something like a freewheel hub on a bicycle. If it is turning in both directions without grabbing then there is probably something broken in the hub. I'm not familiar with your type of ride so I can only guess. Have you taken the hub apart to inspect it? Bits of metal on the inside would be a sure sign. Good luck!

guero_loco

Dec 4, 2009
key west,fl
its a schwinn windjammer with a wheel from dih long co. or at least thats the manufacture of the back wheel from what i gather but i cant find a replacement