Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:10 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Hi from Dave, Canberra, Australia

Hi y'all, found your FANTASTIC site after being inspired by a motored schwinn style cruiser I saw a couple of weeks ago. But I also thought, hmmm needs a funkier frame and then I found the boardtrack racer! Some great builds here guys, real lookers.

I've just stripped down a donor, first time I've done that to a bike, gotta say it was a fun demolition! I've got a 2nd bike I'll strip down and then use both to start chopping, bending and welding. I think this project is going to take a while though as I'm a bit time defficient during this part of the year. Hafta learn how to do a nice weld on thin tubing so I'm expecting some practice time adding up too.

So Aussies, what are your recommendations for a 50cc engine? I had a look at the x-box site and was also impressed by rock solids HP engine - more $ but they do all the porting mods, better carby, higher-tensile bolts etc. Their standard 50cc is the same price as the x-box but they do the better bolts and spark plug & a coupla other things for that price, not bad. Anyone used their engine? They're in Adelaide. Any advice on engines available here in oz would be great as I'm a complete noob with 2-strokes!

Old 11-17-2009, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator
Smile Re: Hi from Dave, Canberra, Australia

Hello arty dave, welcome to the forum we are glad you joined us. I hope you enjoy the forum as much as we do.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: Hi from Dave, Canberra, Australia

We have quite an Wallaby contingent here. You're certainly not alone. Welcome to the forum and hope to see a lot of you. Send us some photos of your build. Thanks for joining us. Have fun and ride safe.
Age and Treachery Will Always Triumph
Over Youth and Skill & "Charlie Don't Ride"