im from tampa Florida
and i only have one photo of my bike and its a thousand times better
new CAmera Stolen photos soon

ive been checking the site for a while thought id finally join

Attachments

fuzzball

Sep 5, 2009
Eagle River, Wisc.
Welcome Dylan, good to have you along. Thats a decent lookin ride you've got there. Man, I envy you with that lush green lawn in the background. Mines kinda white right now. Thats a Schwinn you built, right? Enjoy it and ride safe. Later, Mike

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
zomg - stealin' milkcrates is a CRIME *shakes fist*

lol - welcome to the boards, that's a nice clean build ya got there :D

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome Dylan.
Glad you've decided to join us. As the others said, that's a very clean build you have there. Congratulations and have fun with it. Ride careful and drop in anytime to share your knowledge or just chat.
Tom

DVBikes

Oct 27, 2009
Tampa,Florida
my bike now has chopper like bars
matching hybrid tires(slick/outside tread
and soon a springer fork.
I laid my bike down recently and have been doing repairs
i need to fix my exaust i bent it and it leaks at the seal
*ive got a big problem though i now cant take my bike off full choke
its crusing still at like 25 but i dont understand it.
i have quiet a bit of experence with small motors anyone explain

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If it doesn't run with the choke off (open) then it sounds like an air leak somewhere. Start with the intake manifold/carburetor area and go from there. Many of us use a spray carb cleaner to check for air (vacuum) leaks. If the engine RPMs increase with the introduction of the carb cleaner that is where you want to look for, bad gaskets, defective seals etc. Excess air entering the engine will produce the condition you're describing. Get back to us with your findings.
Tom

DVBikes

Oct 27, 2009
Tampa,Florida
ok ill try that here in the morning. I really need to dump my gas can.
some dumb*** left it in the sun and cap popped for 2 days and i pretty sure its ruined.
so if i drilled holes in my stock air filter would i get more power or if i like made a scoop to force more air.

Last edited:

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
With the stock air cleaner, no. It can flow more air than the engine can consume. You need to clean up the cylinder porting before you need to worry about a high flow air cleaner. Even with that said, a better pipe such as SBP's pipe and the aforementioned port cleanup will do you better than modding the sad little air cleaner all by itself. After the pipe and port cleaning, get a better air cleaner alltogether. Ditch the poorly sealing stock one.
Sick Bike Parts Exhaust
Sick Bike Parts Air cleaner

Last edited: