Regional Motorized Bicycle Get togethers

GoldenMotor.com

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I was talking with a friend of mine from Alabama (Toker Ace) and we were discussing how much fun it would be to have regional motorized bicycle get togethers. For alot of us in the midwest and northern parts of the country the MB riding is about over for the season, but this gives us all winter to come up with some ideas. I know some people would be willing to go alot farther than others to meet. And obviously you would want to have a way to haul your motorized bicycle to the event if you were going to go several hundred miles.
This hobby is just growing so fast I think it would be a blast. I know it would take alot of organizing for different parts of the country, but I figured it would be a perfect time of year to start throwing the idea around.
There are so many creative minds on this site, let's try to come up with some ideas.
What do you think?

John

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
Re: Regional MB Get togethers

yea what a great time we had in decatur...if you get a chance go to a rally! this is something one can't quite explain untill your on the road with a hoard of like minded mber's cruzzing the backroads.
first plan more then one trip for the season (that way everyone has a chance to show)and have some rain dates preplaned. if your trying to get people in from more then a hundred miles out ,have some camping set up or a cheap motel. second come up with a route (or general area) and print or post your idea way ahead of time (thats all i heard the couple of weeks leading up to decatur). have some one to ride point and bring up the rear,the guy with the good tool kit is a must! I try and keep the run in the twenty to thirty mile range as that seems to be about right for all age groups.it's a good idea to have a bar/resturant around half way to grab a break. that said if you don't want other bikers doing something you don't approve of (riding during church,drinking,no helmet,etc) make it clear upfront. if riding in an urban area quietly ask question about park permits and the like.
My grand plan for Il. is three rallys a year (south,mid,north) moving north as the weather permits. sofar we have mid and north covered so anybody in southern Il. come on board.
any body any were that want's to plan something i'll be glad to do what i can.