Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Welcome to the World of Motorized Bicycles

Welcome to the World of Motorized Bicycles Forum announcements and instructions for posting on motorbicycling.com. To start a new thread choose the appropriate area. No new threads can be started in this area

View Poll Results: Do you think Charity Riders United is a good thing, or a bad thing?
GOOD 30 83.33%
BAD 6 16.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2009, 06:31 AM
Dealer

Default Re: The creation of CRU

lol, trust me, it's worth the wait. I've got a bunch of stuff in the works. I'm going through a change in life, I'm tired of my dead man's midnights warehouse job. I want money, and lots of it. I also want to ride my bike without hassle, and actually looked up to. I'm gonna make sure the shirts are really nice, it's like my gift to the riders, like a thank you for coming to my rally. They'll be a great story to the grandkids! ;}
Old 10-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Hey, dont diss the dead mands warehouse job! This deadman likes his thousand dollar paycheques even if it means sleeping away 5 days worth of daylight hours a week!

Ill take a little rip to the gasstation today and see if the bike kid is working and give him some info about whats cookin' on your end. I hope i can bring a couple guys from here to your rally, **** i might even bring two bikes!
Old 10-18-2009, 10:11 AM

ABC,(ADDICTED BICYCLE CUSTOMS)
Can you send me a registration form?

oh, wait it was back there (unless u updated it )
Old 10-19-2009, 07:01 AM
Dealer

Here's the official CRU website!!!
CRU - Charity Riders United - Home

***The CRU logo will be added to the site once I receive the good copy, and digitize it***

Last edited by ADDICTED BICYCLES; 10-19-2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:03 AM

Very slick site man! Good work!

I'll lurk it a bit more when I get to the office today
Old 10-19-2009, 08:12 AM
Dealer

Thank you barelyawake. I put a lot of work into it, and it's entered into google and yahoo search engine databases. I made this website at Webs - Make a free website, get free hosting , I think it would be a great idea if every chapter leader created their own site. The more leaders, the more websites, lots more advertising, and more chance CRU will be stumbled upon in a random search of the internet by some random place, who hasn't heard of bicycle engines, and now wants one, and wants to be a part of CRU! Lol, If I had to say all of that, I'd be out of breath! *pant pant* lol
We can all become members on each others sites, providing links to all the chapter sites. A person could spend all day just going through all of the CRU related websites! Lol, awesome.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:27 AM
Dealer

***This is my first take of the CRU guidelines. I'm posting to see what everyone's opinion is***

CRU Guidelines.

As a unit, our goal is to unite all motor bicycle riders, and raise awareness to the world of motorized bicycles. We want to seek every possible means of scouting out and gaining more CRU riders, worldwide. The point of CRU, is to raise money for charities, by either holding rallies, bike shows, races, etc, and including the general public, give a good, solid reputation to motor bicyclists everywhere.
Charity comes first, CRU will only profit if a charity profits as well. Meaning, all funds will be evaluated, and a percentage will go to charity, and a percentage will go to the next rally. The point, have some fun, have our meet and greets, with a group ride, but instead of just meet and go, we include the public, say like a motorized bicycle show, etc, and use our connection to the higher good, raising some money for various charities.
Every CRU member will respect all traffic laws, and be considerate of other vehicles on the road, giving right of way and respecting all pedestrians. Garbage, engine fluids, or broken bike parts shall be disposed of properly at any event, to maintain a good, clean reputation.
Our mission, CRU members, is to be as courteous, polite, and respectful as possible, to gain respect, and make it very enjoyable for all who attend our events, leaving them wanting more.
CRU President,
Damien Hannah

Last edited by ADDICTED BICYCLES; 10-24-2009 at 03:58 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:42 AM

o.O

Actually - the websites are real good idea, with links to respected dealers for interested buyers and ofc this forum for discussion and problem solving, it really rounds out the story of these bikes.

Featuring the profile of your local chapter, each member's machine and their story as well as any events like the rally it could really be somethin'

blarg... there goes a weekend lol
Old 10-19-2009, 08:55 AM
Dealer

I agree. I'm seeing now just how big this can get, and I'm proud of my creation. I will do this for as long as possible, even if I for some strange reason stop riding a MB. I seriously doubt that ever happening though, so I think it's CRU for life! LOL. I got us a spot on CBC radio two weeks before the rally. I emailed them and they're willing to advertise for us. Sweet deal.
http://motorbicycling.com/f35/ontario-rally-11724.html
Old 10-19-2009, 04:04 PM

I have a site!!!