Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:07 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: Motorized Bicycle Take a Tip...Leave a Tip

Hey Buck, you might already know this but ..If you go on your computer to START/run/ in the run box type in " charmap " you will see the. sign along with around 20,000 other useful sings and symbols

Just my 2

Last edited by Jumpa; 04-17-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:24 PM

Years ago when I scored this dark Blue Clear Creek SCHWINN Made to represent as their 100th Anniversary bike in 1995 the guy had a more expensive Black larger clear Creek with stock front and rear racks well I was at a yard sale last month and I saw this beat up black monsterly large Clear Creek SCHWINN with only the front rack on it I inquired with the owner he said his kid bought it years ago off of the same guy I bought mine off of . well I snatched it up quick for $60 bucks I wish I took some before photos of it but I dove into fixing it so fast I didn't even think of it here are a few pics of them both together again after many years apart This baby is gonna make one fine motor bike and finally I have a bike that fits me If you could have seen her before I touched her up a bit it doesn't even look like the same bike rusted / broken cables, So I ripped into it w/ new bearings, cables , twist sifters , levers , etc etc . just stuff i had laying around didnt spend a dime extra over thew 60. Motor in the mail!.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:14 PM
Old, Fat, and still faster than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpa View Post
Years ago when I scored this dark Blue Clear Creek SCHWINN Made to represent as their 100th Anniversary bike in 1995 the guy had a more expensive Black larger clear Creek with stock front and rear racks well I was at a yard sale last month and I saw this beat up black monsterly large Clear Creek SCHWINN with only the front rack on it I inquired with the owner he said his kid bought it years ago off of the same guy I bought mine off of . well I snatched it up quick for $60 bucks I wish I took some before photos of it but I dove into fixing it so fast I didn't even think of it here are a few pics of them both together again after many years apart This baby is gonna make one fine motor bike and finally I have a bike that fits me If you could have seen her before I touched her up a bit it doesn't even look like the same bike rusted / broken cables, So I ripped into it w/ new bearings, cables , twist sifters , levers , etc etc . just stuff i had laying around didnt spend a dime extra over thew 60. Motor in the mail!.

Awesome score!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:42 PM

the more i ride it the less & less i want to put a motor on it it is so quiet , she is so smooth, tight . Full torque on the pedals and not even a ....um creek no pun
Old 04-17-2013, 09:46 PM

This is the 21" after I put the motor on her in the spring of 2012 after I totaled my much to short wheel base "Huffy" by hitting a patch of black ice the winter prior , and sliding into a dumpster full speed ahead cracking the frame on the huffy and moving a fully stuffed 2 yard dumpster back 2'feet from the impact. So I swapped all salvageable parts basicly just the handle bars onto this "SCHWINN Clear Creek" and got a much more dependable and a lot less wobbly M.B.
I suspect the frame of the Huffy was cracked prior to my dumpster diving debut (:

Last edited by Jumpa; 04-17-2013 at 09:57 PM. Reason: add text
Old 04-21-2013, 10:38 PM

Here's a tip if you ever needed a smaller more sturdy bracket for your idler tensioner bracket..had a left over 1 " u-bolt bracket...took itto the table grinder and ground off most of the sharp points so that the concave dip was about 1/8" deep...the brackets already sharp edges help stop the bracket from getting yanked into the wheel...
Old 04-24-2013, 11:55 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

my motor ran fine and I noticed the intake valve was leaking. took it off and the gasket was fine so I just tightened the bolts and one of the heads broke off so I tightened it as much as possible. also today I had it sitting outside after work and it started raining while I was sleeping so the bike did get wet today. after I put it all back together I drained the carb hopped on and took off but the engine wouldn't run, it will start but it won't stay running pulling a load and it wont idle either. I kept tinkering and trying things loosened the idle screw and it ran well for a couple of minutes it did idle really high though. so I do not know if it wont run right because of the intake valve or the bike getting wet. it has been wet before but not ridden for a few days afterwards. and it ran fine earlier I rode it to and from work. any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:50 AM
Gutter Rider

Traw, seems to me like you should have posted in another one of the forum threads to get the help you need... Perhaps a moderator will help out here, when noticed...

I'm not sure how you determined your intake valve was leaking, but after reading your post, I suspect you may not have really meant 'valve' ???
..Maybe the intake manifold?

What kind of motorized bicycle do you have?

Would you please tell us a bit about your mechanical experience ?

Any chance you could take a picture of where you broke off the bolt head?

That kinda should be repaired !!! before you do anything else !!!

Good luck,
rc
Old 04-25-2013, 05:31 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

RC yes I meant the intake manifold I'm pretty sure it was leaking causing my engine not to reach top speed so I took it off & checked the gasket I have already replaced the bolt I broke with another one of the same size. I haven't started the bike & do you know what forum I should post in? I'm new to the forum but I have decent mechanical skills
Old 04-25-2013, 07:28 PM

Probably not the rain that caused it to run bad, but an intake leak WILL cause a runaway/high idle & poor top end performance. This applies to 2 strokes & 4 strokes. Replace the stud/nut-bolt and maybe use a bit of RTV gasket sealer (not too much) to seal up the gasket, should get it to run decent.

Norm's Repair Center is a good place to post if you have questions regarding problems, he's quite knowledgeable and willing to share his wisdom for free.

Tags
advice, bicycle, motorized, repair