Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:47 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: Motorized Bicycle Take a Tip...Leave a Tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAguyyy View Post
Thanks for the help. I'm in hawaii so would rather not order it. I'll try the auto parts store again and find someone who's willing to work for me. On another note my arrow torquer II exhaust should arrive today. There are no pics and few reviews online so this will be interesting. Hope the fab is easy. Pics will follow later.

Ask for a a foot or two of copper core ignition coil wire, and a plug boot to match the diameter of whatever they have in stock, 7mm or 8mm. That'll do the trick.

-=-

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser
Old 03-26-2013, 06:42 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

I have installed and got my SkyHawk GT5 66c engine running but after only 2 days of riding it the clutch arm is worn badly and caused metal shavings to be in the housing where my front sprocket is. Any help with this would be appreciated
Old 03-26-2013, 07:38 PM

are you sure the chain isn't rubbing anything? Are you thinking the clutch arm is worn out because it looks like it is cut in half down the middle if so they come that way I think your chain may be rubbing something and your looking at the normal clutch bar where it presses on the bucking bar that's made flat from the factory not rounded like it is when it comes out of the case ..am I close even? What ill affects are you having?
Are you hearing a grinding?
Is it running like crap , idling OK ?

Last edited by Jumpa; 03-26-2013 at 07:47 PM. Reason: brain fart
Old 03-26-2013, 11:42 PM

did you put a big glob of grease on it?

I've only seen this twice out of several hundred bikes - both times it was dry & one time the clutch cable was too tight.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:31 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

I think it is just my chain rubbing where the clutch arm has the slot right above its worn down a little bit I think I'm just going to call the company I bought it from and see if they will send a replacement I put grease on it and loosened the clutch. If they won't send one does anyone know where I can buy one?
Old 03-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Also could anyone tell me a good helmet for a motorized bike? Normal bike helmets just seem too soft to be any real help with as fast as these bikes will go and I've almost had a few people hit me because they weren't paying attention and I really would prefer not to have my head bounce off the pavement in a bike helmet
Old 03-29-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Raw View Post
Also could anyone tell me a good helmet for a motorized bike? Normal bike helmets just seem too soft to be any real help with as fast as these bikes will go and I've almost had a few people hit me because they weren't paying attention and I really would prefer not to have my head bounce off the pavement in a bike helmet
I use a Voss motorcycle helmet picked up at a spring motorcycle show so it was 'show priced' not full retail (I think it was about 1/3rd off retail price). Nice helmet, removable washable liner, interchangable swing down visor (mine has the dark UV tint, I think there's a plain/clear and an amber/polarised option that can be changed out for. Check that route (the shows) out if you can.

-=-

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser
Old 03-29-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
I tested one one "bicycle Helmet" a lot further than I would have liked to, when I hit a patch of black ice. I hit the pavement so fast & hard I didn't even have time to get my feet off the pedals. The first thing to hit was my head in a whip like motion because of the way I slid. I had an "BELL VENTURE" bicycle helmet on. I decided to retire that helmet and bought the exact one it did the trick. It took a wallop too figure I'm 6'4.5" 290 lbs so my cranium must weigh like 50 lbs or so. I often think If I didn't have that helmet on I'd be in some hospital bed drooling on myself right now Funny thing is it was just a quick test ride and I almost didn't put it on.

Last edited by Jumpa; 03-29-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:22 PM
Super Skilled Master Newb

Quote:
I use and recommend a stunt bike helmet, the kind bmx riders, and skaters use. They don't look to big at all, kinda badass actually and have great coverage of forehead, back of head and above and sometimes over the ears. You can buy them everywhere and name rand ones can take quite a blow. I've eaten it on my downhill mountain bike going a good 30+ on rock and didn't crack it. But always a good idea to throw it out after a big hit.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:29 PM

I recommend a full faced DOT approved motorcycle helmet. Yes, they don't look as cool as a 1/2 helmet, but I value keeping my teeth in the event of a face plant far more than looking cool.
Another excellent safety item that I recommend is a bright-as-all-get-out strobe light. Use it during daylight hours! It really helps get the attention of the spaced out soccer moms fighting the kiddies in the back seat while balancing a Starbucks coffee in their lap all while holding a cel phone up to their head.

Like this one:Here

For night riding I recommend getting the Magic Shine lens advertised on the bottom. They are easy to install and really spread out the light pattern to a wide beam rather than the factory spot beam.

Does not come with a fortune cookie."

Tags
advice, bicycle, motorized, repair