Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Default re: Motorized Bicycle Take a Tip...Leave a Tip

howabout a link to the one you bought deacon and maybe they have more. i would like to get a back up one. one to keep with my motorized bicycle and one for the tool chest. thanks

<a href="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorized-Bicycle-T-Shirt-/291335435287?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT">Motorized Bicycle T-Shirts</a>
Old 02-27-2008, 01:38 PM
minor bike philosopher

Universal MTB/Road/BMX Bicycle Chain Breaker Bike Tool - eBay (item 190199427941 end time Feb-25-08 19:18:56 PST)

That should be good for a few days anyway....
Old 02-27-2008, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

thanks deacon. its the same one i have now which is really nice

<a href="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorized-Bicycle-T-Shirt-/291335435287?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT">Motorized Bicycle T-Shirts</a>
Old 02-27-2008, 06:18 PM
minor bike philosopher

Do they hold up cause it feels like a tank compared to the park I have
Old 02-27-2008, 07:36 PM
Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

See my post in 2 stroke engine kits about chains and sprockets....bicycle chain WON'T work on ALL sprockets...
Old 02-27-2008, 08:01 PM
minor bike philosopher

It wont work on mine.. I have that flat sprocket from the bgf kit. I definitely will not take the bike chain.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:20 AM
LORD VADER Moderator

I found this on my 70cc Dax engine. Which has needle bearing on both ends of the rod.
The base gasket on the cylinder is 0.070 (2) 0.035 gaskets I removed them and replaced it with a 0.055 thick gasket and it helped the performance now it runs better. I went a little too far and used a 0.032 gasket and found that the piston will tap the machined lip on the head at higher rpms. I ground off the lip about 0.020 all around the head sealing lip and that took care of the tapping and I went to the 0.055 base gasket just to play it safe.
I was surprised to find that even with the needle bearings on the wrist pin the piston can wobble or rock in the same direction or parallel to the wrist pin just like the bushed one can which its not supposed to do anyway on other engines its not supposed to. So there you go. I might try the 0.032 base gasket again but for now it runs a heck of a lot better.
Norman

Last edited by Norman; 02-29-2008 at 11:23 AM. Reason: cause I can
Old 03-06-2008, 10:09 AM
minor bike philosopher

okay here is one born from necessity. When i dropped the size of the rear wheel the kickstand was too long. The one i put on to fit fell off during ride to the park so i was left trying to make one work. I found one that was too long so I chopped it off with a hacksaw. then it was just a hair short. I didn't want to saw another one so I attached a bolt to the bottom of it with a couple of pipe clamps like those used on radiator hose. It works fine so far. As often as I change rear wheels I figured it was as good an idea as any. ugly but workable
Old 03-06-2008, 10:25 AM
minor bike philosopher

One more emergency tip. while i was riding a few days ago my homemade throttle screwed up. the whole throttle moved making it impossible to control the speed. Instead of pulling the cable inside the cover it was pulling cover and all. I had a roll of electrical tape with me so I taped the cover down and it worked fine. I could also have unhooked the cable from the throttle. Then taped down the cable cover and used the cable end to pull the throttle up and down. When I repaired the throttle mechanism, I just left the cable taped down so that I could make sure it didn't happen again.

Frankenbike rides again.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Exhaust leaking black oily gook

Fel Pro part # 70149 Egr valve gasket for Ford, $2.50
I found that it holds up better then regular gasket maker.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 70149.jpg (8.9 KB, 81 views)

Tags
advice, bicycle, motorized, repair