Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Happy Time Expansion Chamber On A GP460 Engine!

I mounted my GP460 engine upside-down on my Scooterguy frame-mount adaptor. That left a LOT of room topside, so I installed a Happy Time expansion chamber system and ran the pipes between engine and the bike's top tube. Everything fit right in there, so I had room to install a 4-liter Happy Time fuel tank.

BTW, the exhaust bolted onto the 460 engine and fit snugly onto the bike frame. Performance-wise, it REALLY awakened this high-rpm engine.

And now it's quieter than a stock muffler.

Last edited by 5-7HEAVEN; 11-04-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:48 PM

Default re: Motorized Bicycle Take a Tip...Leave a Tip

pics?..........................
Old 11-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Normally you need a specialized bicycle tool to get your cranks off. This is due to interference fit between them and the tapered steel bar. Take an allen wrench and remove the first little bit. Then hop on and ride! they'll eventually fall off.

I discovered this the other day when my crank arm fell off while riding.

Andy
Old 12-01-2010, 04:04 AM

Exclamation re: Motorized Bicycle Take a Tip...Leave a Tip

i once thought my coil pack was bad.. come to find out the wires on it and the solder were junk.. i replaced them..

another time i thought my bike kill switch was shot.. and that it messed up my cdi pack.. well i just wired all the wires differently and it works great now and i got some extra speed out of it. i will post the wiring later as it is now five in the morning and i am so tired.. i know i got speed cuz three same bikes with three same motors and we switched drivers and mine was always the fastest.. the reason i think is cuz the white wire is meant for seventy five something .. amps .. ohms.. volts.. and the other wire is six something.. hard to belive i have a ny state electricians degree...lol.. message me a email if someone needs to know.. thine82@live.com..
Old 12-16-2010, 01:31 AM

new exhaust idea for really quiet.. check out my albums and look and the page for a complete description
Old 12-17-2010, 08:22 PM

Not sure if this tip is posted but If your standing on the RHS of your bike and the back wheel at say 1-2pm (o'clock) is favouring say the drive chain side or the pedal chain side and you'd like to have it running true-straight.
You need to put a thin-thick nut on the same side of the way the tyre is favouring and that will correct it.
You may need to use a different variation of nuts on either side of the axle inbetween the frame to get the desired result. When you put the back wheel on try to minimize any excess gap between the axlxe bearing locknuts and the frame otherwise it can make it even more of a P.I.T.A to get it correct.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:34 PM

Another one is the derailer is not selecting the gears proplery and you've tried all the adjustment screws, cable tension, chain length, etc.
Just check that your derailer is straight when in the lower gears.
Commonly on most bikes I've seen there is a little bracket sort of thingy that the derailer holding bolt goes through and is threaded.
The flat face of that threaded hole that the bolt goes through needs to be as dead flat as the rim.
Picture this the threaded hole where the bolt screws into is apart of the bracket.. Instead of that bracket being as small as it is try to imagine it being the same size as say your rim. With this in mind that bracket and the rim should be parallel wether it be checked at 10degrees, 120degrees any degrees.
This probably doesnt make too much sense but I know what I'm talking about..LOL

On another note though if your cables run along the top tube and the tank is then sitting on top make sure the tank isnt giving any resistance on the cables inbetween coz that one will throw ya out of whack too.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:11 AM
a guy who makes cool bikes

if you've got a coaster brake rear and a front brake, if you ever stop at a light and your pedals aren't where you want them for an easy take-off, pull the front brake, lean forward to unweight the rear wheel, and (with one foot on the ground) jam on the pedal to spin the cranks.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:17 AM

The front-brake and lean works good for swinging the back tire around sideways too. Like when stopping at a light to cross the other way instead of trying to turn left in busy traffic.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:43 AM

Check out this method of securing the chain tensioner with 3/4"
hdw store aluminum angle and zipties.

DSC_1389.JPG

Also, most bike frames the rear frame tubes are not parallel with the chain.

So the idler won't be parallel with the chain without some tweaking.

I tighten my tensioner bracket good. Then use a large cresent wrench just below the slot, to tweak the bracket parallel with the chain, then install idler and check alignment by eyeball.

Hope this helps someone

Wayne Z

Tags
advice, bicycle, motorized, repair