Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default re: Motorized Bicycle Take a Tip...Leave a Tip

5-7heaven,
4oz of oil to 1 gal gas is 32:1, should be a good starting point, I use Amsoil Sabre synthetic, run about 3oz to a bit over a gal of fuel.

128oz in a gallon, 4 oz of oil = 128 divided by 4 = 32=== 32:1
148/3 = 49:1(my mix ratio)
Old 08-23-2010, 12:20 AM
a guy who makes cool bikes

clear spray paint works great for putting on grips.

carb cleaner will take off the chain grease on your white walls and cream coloured tires.

soaking parts in 7-up removes rust from chrome and cleans zinc plated parts better than anything i've found.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

I took a tip, but did not leave one. Whats my punishment?
Old 08-23-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairracing31 View Post
I took a tip, but did not leave one. Whats my punishment?
David You Must Go to the black board and write 100 times it's OK It's Ok It's Ok I don't have to respone..
Helmutt Says
Old 08-23-2010, 12:18 PM

Just leave 2 tips next time, but it has to include "J-B WELD" HAAA!!!
Old 08-25-2010, 08:02 AM

Mr.Clean Magic Erasers will make your white walls white again. Simple Green will make it come off even easier.

If your petcock leaks and is tightened down at a weird angle , goto the hardware store and get a rubber grommet. They are thicker then rubber washers/orings and act as a sealer and spacer so your petcock faces a direction you can actually see it.

Last edited by r00t4rd3d; 08-25-2010 at 08:20 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:09 AM

I find metal electrical box covers are a low cost alternative to metal stock for some of my low tech fabrication. I don't think they are a good idea to weld, something to do with the zinc, but they cut and drill pretty easily for bolt plates and my engine mounts. And for $.57 each you can afford to mess a few up.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:46 AM

Unsure if I left this before.

I like goped tanks, but they leak at the mid-level fuel grommet. Sooo, I use JB WELD and a plastic swatch cut out of a cordless drill carrying case to plug the hole. A 25-cent coin fits perfectly on the grommet hole, but I'm too stingy. LOL

I also lose gas caps. Sooo, I made a temporary fix by cutting off 11 inches of bicycle tire tubing, clean it thoroughly, then slip one end over the the filler hole. Then I tied a loose knot in the tube. This allows the tube to vent, but not leak gasoline.

Don't know how long this "cap" will last. I just made my first one tonight.

Last edited by 5-7HEAVEN; 09-04-2010 at 04:59 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:43 AM

The rubber tubing "cap" lasted a few days, until the new 1.5 liter goped tank and cap arrived in the mail. The new cap has a plastic retainer, so that should keep from losing it.

On the goped tank, I drilled a 23/64" hole in the bottom. Then I tapped it to accept a petcock, then JB WELDED the petcock in. This allows me to drain the tank for many reasons.

To prevent passersby from messing with my tank, I drilled thru the cap and tank neck from the side. Then I tapped the hole to accept an 8mm allen-head screw. The screw prevents anyone from unscrewing my cap. Since the screw is round-headed, it makes it difficult for a prankster to remove the cap without an allen wrench.

Sooner or later, the allen screw will chew up the tank's threaded hole I made. Then I'll install a metal threaded insert, so the screw can thread into it.

I keep the allen wrench for the tank inside the soft handlebar grip.

Coincidentally, I use this same wrench to adjust/tighten my two mirrors.

Last edited by 5-7HEAVEN; 09-10-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:48 AM

I mounted my GP460 engine in a position where the canister-type air cleaner points straight up. I'm thinking any prankster can pass by and pour a whole can of soda into the slots, thereby destroying my engine. Until I could devise a permanent solution, I simply placed an empty 7-ounce tuna can atop the air cleaner when I parked it.

Last night I figured out how to make a permanent fix. First, I marked where the 4.25"(diameter) tuna can's edge was, on the 3.875"(diameter) air cleaner-canister. Then I added another .25" Next, I unscrewed the air cleaner canister and drilled 27 holes into it with a 3/8" drill bit, above the marked line. Before I screwed the tuna can "bonnet" on, I placed a .25" spacer between the tuna can and the canister. This will allow the canister to breathe through its the original top vents as well as the new 27 holes.

Now no one can pour stuff into my aircleaner, ANNNNND the engine breathes more freely with 27 more vent holes. Sorry, no pics, but it looks pretty cool.

Actual cost...zero.

Tags
advice, bicycle, motorized, repair