Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 06-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Lightbulb fighting rust ideas

I tried bees wax instead of grease on my handle bars and chain to see how it would work. I put bees wax I bought from family dollar in an old square plastic container , let it set in the sun along with my bike , I smoothed some on with an paint brush . On my bike all over , it sets up in the shade and last a long time compared to grease . It still feels gunky on you hands if you touch it after it sets in the sun a while though
Old 06-04-2010, 10:21 PM

Default re: Motorized Bicycle Take a Tip...Leave a Tip

the most solid tip i have seen is to replace the spark pug wire with one from pep boys...what size do i ask for...and do you just pull on the exsisting plug wire to get it out of the cdi? and just shove the new one into the cdi?
Old 06-04-2010, 10:33 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsurfer View Post
the most solid tip i have seen is to replace the spark pug wire with one from pep boys...what size do i ask for...and do you just pull on the exsisting plug wire to get it out of the cdi? and just shove the new one into the cdi?
The wire unscrews counter-clockwise from the CDI.Then push and turn clockwise to put back in.If you are using a computer type speedometer the wire you use could mess with it.I think the size is 7mm in diameter.I had problems with interferance on speedo because of plug wire.I changed all mine to these.

Sick Bike Parts
Old 06-06-2010, 12:52 PM

Smile frame repair and quick fix

I swear by this stuff > Marine Tex <> this stuff is so stong that people have used it to repair cracked blocks in automobiles . I used it to patch an hole in my canoe and when i hit an rock the marine tex was stronger material than my canoe , i patched bigger and bigger untill the front of my canoe could be used on the television program whale wars to ram ya with lol I buy it at the local marina
Attached Images
File Type: jpg marine tex.jpg (60.6 KB, 91 views)
Old 06-10-2010, 10:32 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Front engine mount. I just finished my sons bike build. Its a cruiser with an aluminum frame..
I didnt want to crush it with the bolt through the frame mount... Here's my tip.. I drilled the hole to fit
a bolt sleeve to go through the frame.. Then ran my bolt inside it.. The sleeve needs to be cut the width
of the frame... So when I mounted the motor all the torque was on the sleeve and not the frame.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Hi good people,does grease go behind small chain sprocket if so how much please yendorrodney88
Old 06-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by yendorrodney88 View Post
Hi good people,does grease go behind small chain sprocket if so how much please yendorrodney88
If you mean once you remove the rod and ball yes, a little bit goes in there. Otherwise, just some chain lube on the chain.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon View Post
You know most of us do things eventually to modify the bikes for the better or worse. It would be a nice gesture if we stick them out there for others to see.

Take this one for what it is worth.

The clutch lever in my kit was trash from the first. I never could make it work worth a darn, so I replaced it with a brake lever I had laying about. Here is the trick. I cut a piece of old inner tube to lock the handle up so I could roll the bike in and out. I leave it on the grip so I can use it to hold the clutch in if I need to adjust the bike.

I also hated the throttle that came with the bike. I replace it with a shifter from a mountain bike. I can lock the throttle in any position while I work on things. I don't think either of those is earth shattering, but they seem to work better for me. Probably won't help anyone else.

So leave me your tip I can use all the help I can get...
I Liked those.. My 4stroke has been flooding at times when I turn it off.bad float seat maybe, and I could've just could've had a slice of inner tube so I could Pull the rope with the throdle wide open to get her started..
Hmm? Lets see what I can share?? OK Here Goes.. lets say Ya needed to tap a thread Into the thin steel that many china bicycles are made of.. But if you take a drive punch and dent it in a great deal then drill with your letter bit made for what ever size thread you are using, the metal once tapped, and while screwing the bolt in,, will pull back up titening as it draws back,and will be a secure fastener... Jeeesh this isn't so earth shaking either But it may help someone along the line

Last edited by Helmutt Cycles; 06-22-2010 at 04:34 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:39 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

quick one for gasket cutting: use a standard issue pair of hole-punchers for those screw holes.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobAunum View Post
quick one for gasket cutting: use a standard issue pair of hole-punchers for those screw holes.
WOW! and those were like the most pain in the @$$ part too. I feel like an idiot trying to cut a hexagon-shaped hole the exact size of an M6, especially since I had one of those sitting on the bench the whole time.

Tags
advice, bicycle, motorized, repair