Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default re: Motorized Bicycle Take a Tip...Leave a Tip

I intend to when I put it back together, but I'm still going to make sure by using my new motor-mount as well. The space under the motor is normally just empty anyway, so it can't hurt anything,and I'm going to pad the top with semi-truck tire rubber too. Better safe than sorry as this has happened three times so far and I really don't want the motor falling out while I'm riding!
Old 03-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Paint can tips: What I do is have a small tin can or jar with a lid, half full of paint thinner, and pull and toss the tip in the jar when done. Pull one out when you want to paint, all clean! Since I almost always use Krylon, the tips all fit. I usually turn them upside down too, to blow the paint out of the tube inside the can, but maybe I'll experiment and see if any actually clog up.

"Captain Easy"
Old 03-29-2010, 06:46 PM
minor bike philosopher

I have been plagued with rear view mirror problems. I think I have solved them. everytime the bike falls over it pops the rearview mirror off. I have one of those handle bar extension mirror. I have broke it and mended it at least ten times.

To begin with it was useless as a mirror until I bought the convex (or is it concave) spot mirror. Once I got it I realized that I didn't really use the big mirror any more. Since it comes with it's own adhesive, I thought I would just mount it to a coaster brake leaver. you know the piece that goes on the rear wheel. I just used the sticky pad that came with the mirror, then black taped it over the handle bar grip. It's funky but strong. Just a thought for today.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:29 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Hi All,
First time on this site. I will be electrifying my new Schwinn 7sp. cruiser. Not sure how yet but hopefully neat and clean. My last project involved spreading the frame and putting a 10 speed with coaster brakes on a Schwinn by using 2 deraillers. I welded the 10 speed onto the Schwinn gear. Worked ok. Then I used a car blower motor with a rubber chair wheel against the tire and 2 spong saturation 12 volt batteries. That worked great to keep me from wearing out to peddle with the kids. Worked great for a very cheap trick. Looking forward to reviewing the club info. Thanks. TT
Old 04-02-2010, 08:14 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member

I use 1" wide under ground rubber electrical splicing tape for rim.Streching it while wrapping 3 times.It will conform to rim and virtually become a solid piece of rubber.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:04 PM
minor bike philosopher

duct tape works as spoke cushion as well...
Old 04-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

JT in FL thanks for that tape info I will try it out.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

thankthe more i reads for all these great tips guys, i been lurking for awhile now, and this info just keeps getting better the more i read, thanks
Old 04-08-2010, 11:08 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

i got a good tip. this is to cut down on vibrations. drill a few holes in your frame and fill the frame with "great stuff". make sure and block off anywhere you dont want it to go like in your bottom bracket and goose neck bearings. try it and let me know what you think and if anybody knows of any other way to cut down on vibration let me know.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

in regards to vibration and numb hands the best solution i have fount to date is to fill the handlebars with "shot"

the small metal beads they use for sandblasting.

Tags
advice, bicycle, motorized, repair