Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Re: Fuel pump?

ahhhh ty for the jollys guys are why i check in ya all......J
Old 10-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

The tickler helped a bit but it still takes a while to get this thing to run wide open...bout 1/3 throdle and it sorta boggs down. If I kick in and peddle hard it finally kicks in gear. Do you think this is a fuel or electric problem? The wire on the CDI is not the best I've seen. Just for grins I gonna solder the blue wire and run the black to a good known ground (Exhaust nut). As a side note I checked the white wire for voltage and it read zero, the blue to ground reads 8 volts. The white wire to ground does kill the engine however. I would think that if the white wire diverts the flow to ground it would be hot at all times. I know things work different in China but I never heard of OHM's suggestion. (OHM's law in Engrish)
Old 10-13-2009, 07:53 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Hi George, it's funny with the engine running you should have some voltage at the white wire. The black is grounded to the block under the generator cover. When you ground out the white via the kill button it collapses that field which it turn collapses the blue wire field. The white and blue are 2 separate windings. I have one side of the kill button to black and the other to white. Black also to the cdi and blue to cdi nothing to the bike frame. I'm thinking your generator may have a bad white winding and your spark isn't hot enough. Dax sells them for pretty cheap.
Put something FUN between your legs..