Sprocket Mounting

GoldenMotor.com

Gronkster

May 20, 2008
I'm finishing my first build but not happy with my rear wheel. Either the wheel was not true before the sprocket was mounted or mounting the sprocket pulled it out of alignment. I did follow the directions available and tightened the bolts like you would a car tire.

Does anyone know if a bike shop would "true" a wheel with the sprocket mounted? Would you remove the sprocket and have the wheel trued and then start over? Are there tricks to getting this correct the first time?

Thanks in advance for any help!

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
Are you talking about the 44 tooth sprocket that drives the rear wheel on a happy time frame mounted setup?
If so

You must see both

Bicycle Engine Kit - Sprocket Installation

from Chris Hill
The sprocket installation section is done. It actually doesn't look all that bad. I did the sprocket first because I feel it is the first item that you should install when you are doing your bicycle engine kit. I also did it first because I think it is the hardest and most time consuming part of the installation of these bicycle engine kits. If you can do this part, you've got it made and the rest will be a piece of cake, lol.

and from Thats DAX
supplies online instructions

Page Title

Info from the pros.