Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Welcome to the World of Motorized Bicycles

Welcome to the World of Motorized Bicycles Forum announcements and instructions for posting on motorbicycling.com. To start a new thread choose the appropriate area. No new threads can be started in this area

Old 06-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Simple request

Hey Walter welcome to the forum. Lots of motorized bicycle enthusiasts here of all ages. Are you going to assemble your own bike or buy one already put together? Glad you joined us......................

Old 06-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Howdy; I plan to buy a bike and a kit and do it myself. I used to build drag racers so I think I can handle it judging by the few kits I've seen. Wal-Mart has 26" Huffy bikes for $79.00 / Kits seem to be in $200.00 range, so for $300.00 and a tea-cup full gas I'm off!!
If only it was that easy I'd like to avoid any common mistakes people make. so I'd like to kknow of any anyone has made Walter F.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

The bikes that have the easiest installation are the the v shape frames with normal sized tubing. The enlarged tubes and odd shaped tubes can be done but require more work. Lots of pictures in the picture section of things people have done. As far as engine kits Dax here on the forum comes highly recommended. He has a good reputation for service after the sale. Lots of folks here more than happy to help. So don't be afraid to ask any questions. We are all here to help one another................................

Old 06-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Administrator

i really enjoy seeing where everyone is from and want to than you all
Old 06-04-2008, 01:45 PM

I live in Connecticut and am new to this chat room stuff, most of us old farts are not too computer literate, so let me know if I get this right Walter F. (here goes)
Old 06-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Administrator

nice part is we are all in the same boat walter. average age of the forum is 40 and over most past the half century mark like me lol. shoot they were just making calculators when we were kids. its fun and dont worry about mistakes or anything else. we are all learning as we go
Old 06-04-2008, 03:36 PM

I have some concerns about todays crazy drivers and getting run over, but I have concers about the angiogram I have to get this month, I guess we all need to quit worring about the future and find out where the edge of the cliff is like we did in our youth.
Anybody know any thing about zoombicycles.com in Canada. They have a nice looking set-up for a little over $200??? Walter F,
Old 06-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

Common mistakes- over tightening bolts, over tightening the drive chain, trying to get a huge performance gain without sacrificing reliability, thinking these bicyle motors are Hondas that will always run trouble free.

They can be made to run nearly trouble free- http://motorbicycling.com/f30/bicycl...-care-354.html
Old 06-04-2008, 05:02 PM

Man do I agree with "If it ain't broke..." especially when it comes to Chinese items made of steel, or whatever they call the crap they make nuts & bolts out of, The **** exported better stuff after WWII and their stuff was made from debis.

New question- can most kits be mounted to a 24" bike, closer to the ground less distance to fall. I think I would like the finished bike to look like a "Bobber" motorcycle, no fenders, springer fork, front disc brake (brakes are a good thing), the 24" lends itself to this look I think, Walter F<
Old 06-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Administrator

the 24" will be slower but if thier is room for the motor it will do just fine. deacon has made a few 24" motorized bicycles