Water in magneto casing.

GoldenMotor.com

jasroy871

Sep 30, 2009
anchorage, ak
maybe somebody can help me.
i am constantly replacing magneto's, due to water. this last time i sealed everthing in high temp gasket maker and im still getting water in the mag casing. the only thing i could think of was the screw holes. i covered them this time. any other ideas.

re: i have never been able to dry out the magneto to re-use one. the is the forth time i have replaced mine.

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
maybe somebody can help me.
i am constantly replacing magneto's, due to water. this last time i sealed everthing in high temp gasket maker and im still getting water in the mag casing. the only thing i could think of was the screw holes. i covered them this time. any other ideas.

re: i have never been able to dry out the magneto to re-use one. the is the forth time i have replaced mine.
hate to say it but if this is an unbeatable problem then you probably should just go with it...if youve tried everything then maybe you should just drill a drain hole in the bottom...maybe you could make a cover for the hole to stop water from splashing up...may not be a good idea but its kinda dry here...just throwing a solution out there

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
hey i dont want you to screw up your stuff...i just thought that might be a simple solution...get some more opinions...but really whats the worse that can happen, you gotta fill a hole...you already got rtv