Hello There!

GoldenMotor.com

nick7269

May 25, 2008
TN, USA
Nice to find this website!

While looking for motorcycles, electric motorcycles, or bikes....I found you guys! I have now been hooked on finding more information to build me a bike for a day and half now!

I live 5 miles from work and would like to have an affordable alternative to driving my car everyday to work (or an emergency back up ride ).

Two Problems for a normal bicycle:
1. There is 3 small stretches of road with traffic to deal with (no shoulders or side walks). The speed limit is 30 MPH though.
2. There is one hill I must go up to get get to work. (I can't get to work needing a shower either)

Electric bike kits are just not cost effective and have too short of a range. Batteries need replacing from time to time and etc.

So, here I am! I need a cool looking bike to install a gas motor onto! LOL

(I will start a new thread with details of what I'm looking at doing, suggestions needed!)

Thanks
Nick

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Hey Nick, welcome to the forum. Lots of motorized bicycle enthusiasts here. Lots of talented people that are more than willing to help you with your first build. Glad you joined..................

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hi nick and welcome. i got my first motorized bicycle for the same reason you are. it was electric and a big mistake. i had to pedal assist up the hill and took a long time and was sweaty by the time i got to work. i got a 70cc 2 stroke and flew up the hill and made it to work and home in about the same amount of time it would take me to drive the truck and actually enjoyed going and coming home from work. they are very cost effective and fun to ride. glad to have you with us