Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: How many options for centered sprocket?

I have got a cone shaped hub on my Schwinn Landmark. It is not the origal
rear wheel that came with the bicycle. I took a chance and ordered the small
size clamshell adapter from livefastmotors for multi-speed bicycle. My set up has
over 5 gallon of fuel through the engine on bicycle and have not had any trouble
with the set-up. I am a risk taker and most of the time it pays off for me.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:46 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Originally Posted by HT2005 View Post
Ok, the sprocket adapter that Jim sells seems like a good choice to me. Now, I just need to buy a new wheel with 12 guage spokes because the spokes I have currently are fatigued. Also need a cylindrical hub.

Thanks for the info guys.
You might check with NCW Niagara Cycle Works. They are right there in your home state in Niagara Falls. I have ordered several wheels from them. They have a huge selection, alot of them with 12 gauge spokes. The price is also right.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:14 PM

Hi guys, I've done a whole bunch of the Rag joint installs, and have never enjoyed the experience! A lot of monkeying around, re-adjusting, and then, NEVER an absolutely true sprocket.

I recently installed the 2nd adapter and sprocket that I bought from Maniac Mechanic. the hub adapter I used was the Shimano Coaster type, which DEFIANTLY fits tight, will not slip under any circumstances that I can foresee, and works as advertised. Another advantage is that you can actually adjust left and right a bit for good chain alignment.

I am looking forward to replacing some of my other rear drives with the CE/MM, parts, as they are concentric, clean, well fitting, and make the chain run allot more like a motorcycle.

Another Machinist that I know, several years ago or so designed and built the very first hub adapters known to exist, but needed to get $75.00 each for his version, it too required a careful measurement of the hub.

The hub can be very easily measured with a simple Digital Caliper, and I got mine at Harbor Freight on sale for about $14.00.

I hope my explanation will help you see the value of this part, and the positive part it can play in making a Motor Bicycle more reliable, smoother running piece of equipment.

Home of the EZM Q-Matic Products
08 Racer and NEW Model 10 production bikes
Whizzer, Pacesetter Products, Starfire, and SkyHawk