Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 05-24-2008, 03:22 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default Bicycle Cleaning

I am looking to give my motorized bicycle a good cleaning this weekend. Does anyone know what kinds of cleaners I would use to clean the engine and bike surfaces. Also, my engine is covered in a nasty, dirty film (greasy feeling) crap from road grime and a leaky tank. What is the best way to clean all of this up?

Old 05-24-2008, 06:47 AM
Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Default Re: Bicycle Cleaning

I use a product from the dollars store called "Kitchen and Bath Cleaner with bleach" it's 1.50 and comes in a spray bottle. Rinse after with water. Fantastik works great, but costs more. A solution of dishwashing liquid and warm water works too.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:28 AM
Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Default Re: Bicycle Cleaning

I find if I keep the ooze level down around the engine, I can spray some WD-40 (yeah I hate the stuff and use it only for a cleaner) on a clean terry towel and just wipe stuff down - my final wipe and lube is with Amsoil MP. If too much ooze builds up, then the grit will stick and youl have to use a cleaner and water (same thing if I hit a mud puddle). For that I use simple green and a hose, very carefully. Then wipe it down with the MP.