Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 09-17-2009, 04:07 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default no spark!

I've had a 66cc gas bike 2 cycle' I love this thing no problems till now i replaced the cdi coil because i thought this was the problem! But it was not so i checked the magneto for voltage i roll the bike foward with the plug out and i'm getting 24 volts AC currrent but still no spark even with the new cdi coil i'm all out of ideas! thought i would replace the plug even though i cleaned it throughly if this dos'nt work i'm not sure were to go next! please someone help me with some tech. assistance! I'm stumped thanks Bugman!
Old 09-17-2009, 04:54 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: no spark!

Check your kill switch's ground and the switch itself, bypassing it if needful. This may not be yer prob, but those switches are crappy as all get out.

If the mag and the CDI are fine, this only leaves wiring and plug/plug wire - one of the things I love about these things is their simplicity
Old 09-17-2009, 06:47 AM
Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Default Re: no spark!

24 volts??? They only put out 6V!
Yeah, disconnect the kill switch wires & make sure the blue & white wires aren't grounding anywhere on the frame or engine.
Also, replace the sparkplug boot & wire!
For motorized bicycle sales, service & engine kits in Los Angeles, please visit us at-

Follow VMB on facebook>>>

Follow VMB on Instagram>>>