after many hard weeks here she is.

GoldenMotor.com

vballspen

Jul 8, 2009
florida
this is my build. i bought the bike for 20 on cl. The story is it went to art camp. i figured i could strip off a couple layers of kids paint in no time and have myself a sweet bike with springer front forks for cheap and in no time. well turns out it had several trips to art camp. i found spots with 6 to 7 layers of different color. sandblasting, sanding, and finally paint stripper. i got the job done. it took two full days but i like how it turned out. not as cheap as originally anticipated but thats not why i am in this hobby.
now i need suggestions for color on my slant head. i don't want to do to much but then again i know i need to color it a little at least so it dosnt look like i just slapped on the motor and was on my way.
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt2/vballspen/full rebuild motor bicycle/S6300006-1.jpg

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Vball, Looking Good. You May Know This All Ready, You Can Make A Very Easy Front Caliper Brake Install. Take A Caliper Brake Off Another Bike And Use The Hole In The Bottom Of Head Tube. I Think It Has To Go On The Front. I Can Take A Pic Of Mine Tomorrow If You Would Like A Pic. Ron ,cvlt1

vballspen

Jul 8, 2009
florida
yea i have seen that before and will probably do that soon i stripped a couple of old bikes months ago and have the parts. never a bad idea to back up the coaster brakes with a alternative form of stopping. any ideas for engine color? i have a set of fenders for it and would like to use them but i cant quite figure out how it works with a springer fork. the fender rubs on the tire when the forks move. any ideas?

REG1951

Jun 26, 2009
centralia,illinois
theres a hole on the very bottom of some springer you can screw the fender onto...maybe you can tighten or adjust the springer at the top spring so its a little tighter..color for the engine ...how about just painting the outside edges of the side fins on the head red

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Nice! I've not seen a two tone quite like that before, I really like how it accents the bike's curves - making the cruiser frame look quite unique!

Can't wait to see it w/a motor stuck in there - ya figure out what color to paint the engine yet?

vballspen

Jul 8, 2009
florida
i think i am going to paint the covers on the sides red along with the engine head. and i know how the fenders mount i just cant figure it out because where the fender mounts dose not move when the suspension dose. thanks for the great comments it took some drawing and designing to come up with this. i wanted to be different.

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Where the fender mounts will be a "fixed" position on the springer. The pivot point so to speak. It won't be on the arms, it will be on the part that enters the head tube.

jcchappy

Aug 18, 2009
antlers, ok.
I used black stove paint to paint the whole engine without the three covers. I painted the clutch, magneto, and sprocket covers red to match my cherry red frame. In the plans is to polish the fils of the cylinder. Great looking bike man.

vballspen

Jul 8, 2009
florida
sorry to dig up such an old thread but i have been out of the mb for a little while now and am actually selling all three of mine so i can have a new soft top for the jeep and a new project. any ideas for new colors. i think i am going to paint the same scheme but change up the colors a little

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Vball, Nice work, sir. Keep us informed on your progress. You have a great start and it will be a sweet looking ride when you're done. Fuel tank? Red and white too?
I like the idea of carrying the red and white colors through on the engine. Maybe some swoopy curvy lines on the clutch and clutch actuator cover. Is there a chain guard? Match it to whatever you do on the engine or visa versa...Good work.

Wow, didn't realize this thread was so old. My comments remain however. I'd like to see that bike now that its finished.

Tom

Last edited:

vballspen

Jul 8, 2009
florida
yes it now has a slant head engine on it. i never set an exact plan on what i wanted to do with the engine and other pieces so everything els is just stock i will snap some pics and load them. i just got excited and wanted nothing more than to ride it. i am now setting plans to go back and repaint the motor and gas tank.