Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:16 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Old bike builder, new to engines!

I just found this site and I'm amazed by the ingenuity! I have been building lowrider bikes for about 8 years now. I am currently attempting to take an old rat bike and smash a Berry Bikes motor into it. I just ordered the black 80cc kit and can't wait to get started! I posted a pic of the intended bike in the introduction section. I was just wondering if anyone else runs rat rod bikes like mine? The bike I'm going to us is a Wal Mart little girls Bratz bike. Given to me by a neighbor when it got all rusted out. I removed the downtube and fabbed a tank to reinforce the upper bar. I'm guessing I need to re weld a tube in for the front engine mount. Once the kit arrives I will figure it out. I'm hoping to be able to rig it so there's almost NO downtube at all. Pleas post me any pics of wild builds so I can get a feel for what you guys/gals do! Thanks again for the got me addicted!