Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default Hello everyone!

Hi folks, nice to be here.

I live in Santa Monica, CA and try to get around on my bike, (cannondale f400) as much as possible...hate driving around here not to mention parking!!

A little nervous about my first kit as I have no mechanical experience... or tools...or garage, well, you get the point!

Anyways, can't wait to get motorized!
Old 01-13-2008, 07:35 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Hello everyone!

i was pretty nervous also when i built my first kit. actually kept putting it of for about a year. then finnally bought the kit and the 2 hour installation like they said in the directions took about 2 weeks lol. however it was not that bad and kinda enjoyable. nice part about putting it togather rather then buying a built one is you learn alot about them which comes in handy for repairs and feels amazing when it first fires up. welcome to the forum and glad to have you with us
Old 01-14-2008, 09:53 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Welcome to the group! If you have any questions about install or maintenance, I am sure you'll find it here.

Dan

...Q
...(_\g
..(_)/(_)
Old 01-14-2008, 11:28 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Welcome to the forum!!
Old 01-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

Feel the fear then do it anyway!

I've been working on things that run since I was 8 and I'm 46 now. That first 2 hour bike kit took me 6 hours....but I did a lot of "mods and adjustments" while installing it. I could have done that 2 hour install in about 4....
Old 01-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor

Thumbs up Re: Hello everyone!

WELCOME!!

Just take it slow during the build. Stop and ask questions - like me, you will have plenty, but you also will be surprised how quickly you make progress.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Thanks everyone, now if I could just decide which kit to start with!
Old 01-17-2008, 03:09 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

Sabala
Welcome to the forum my son lives in LA. he's an artist and being you live in Santa Monica you have most likely been to Venice beach. I love to go to the beach and Venice and Santa Monica is one my favorite places to go when I visit my son. He used to set up a booth on Venice but hasn't for quite a while
I can't wait for him to show up at my home cause I've got 3 bikes here that's motorized to play on. Anyway welcome and if you run into a snag on your bike yell at us as we might be able to help.
Norman
Old 01-19-2008, 12:11 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Hey Norman, thanks!

Yeah I know Venice pretty good, the beach bike path that runs from Pacific Palisades down to Marina Del Rey is about a 2 minute walk from my apt complex. I'm just a few minutes bike ride from the Santa Monica pier.

I used to work in MDR and would ride my bike to work down the bike path by the ocean-it was the best commute ever! would've been way better with a motorized bike though methinks!

Hah! Maybe you should bring those 3 bikes out here and the 3 of us could go for a ride!

I've been here 6 years and have NEVER seen a motorized bicycle on that path or anywhere out here.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:59 AM
minor bike philosopher

I just finished my first build. The tools you need are minimal the information is all available here so ask ask ask.

When you get to the carburator assembly please stop and ask before you stick it in. I thought i knew exactly what I was doing and wound up with a clip in the engine. If it weren't for guidance from Norman I would be back riding elec bikes I built myself. It isn't difficult its just strange to us newbies. Those directions need a lot of explaining so ask ask ask. Trust me YOU CAN DO IT. If you have a set of wrenches and screwdrivers you are pretty much there.

The people here, unlike some other forums, will bend over backwards to answer that specific question you have. Most of them (not me) have tons of experience building bikes.

Coaster bikes are easy to adapt I think. I have no experience with mtbs though. And very very little with anything. Good luck and again YOU CAN DO IT