NW New Guy

GoldenMotor.com

huckersteve

May 20, 2008
Seattle
www.gohuckyourself.com
Hello Everyone!

Steve here from Seattle. I'm a new motorized biker, but a lifelong bicyclist. Lots of experience with mountain bikes and Downhill riding, and a fair bit of bike commuting and Road riding for fun as well. I try not to discriminate and pretty much love all things two wheeled!

I recently acquired a Spooky Tooth Hot Shoe Racer from a friend, and I love this thing! Fast and has way more range than my other motorized rig, a Felt Bicycles V12 with a Wilderness Energy front hub mounted electric motor. (Which is a sick bike in itself and a head turner too!)

I'm a bike shop Staffer here in Kent, WA, and have worked in the Bicycle industry for the past few years now. Both of my motorized machines are getting more and more attention and acceptance lately from otherwise 'purist' bicyclists. I attribute that to my commuting on them both from relatively far (20+ miles) out, and the punitive cost of fuel these days.

I'm looking forward to learning from you all and making the most out of my motorized riding experience. So far, it has been an illuminating and exciting time for me and I have way too much fun everywhere I go with my bikes! The Girl rides the Felt with me now and then and loves it. I think I'll build up a cruiser with a kit motor for her this summer so she has one of her very own. I know this forum will be a great place to get the support I will undoubtedly need for the project.

Thanks in advance for all your help and community! Cheers!

Attachments

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum, lots of motorized bicycle enthusiasts here. That is a nice looking bike. I really like the seat. I think you'll like it here. Lots of friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable folks......................

huckersteve

May 20, 2008
Seattle
www.gohuckyourself.com
Thanks Likea! I can see there are a lot of really sharp pencils in the box around here. looking forward to picking all your brains over the next few months! Riding season is really upon us here now and I'm planning to make the most of this year with adventures all over Puget Sound.

Thanks for the props on the brooks saddle. I love them and I'm thinking of getting yet another bigger one for the Spooky and returning this one to it's rightful place on the Felt V12..

A better saddle pic:

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
That is one sweet looking ride Steve(^) Roland does nice work. I hope you enjoy this forum better, lot's more action and very helpful people here.

There are some guy's who have some awesome exhuast to improve your motor. They also have a jackshaft set-up that I believe is almost ready for production. You can port your intake and exhuast and I think I read somewhere Norman has a post on how to port your head. There is the boost bottle set-up, some say it work's, some say it don't, I guess the only way to know 4 sure is to try it yourself.

Welcome :ride2:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hi steve and welcome to the forum. it apears that your motorized bicycle has a different gas cap. if so howabout leaks. we all have that problem lol. glad to have you with us

huckersteve

May 20, 2008
Seattle
www.gohuckyourself.com
Well I actually wrapped a black bandana around the filler cap to prevent leakage while racked on my car roof rack, but left it in place as insurance against spillage when refilling fuel too. It occurred to me that the gas caps tolerances were pretty loose lol!

Just another part of the fun I guess- after market caps anyone?

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Pablo are you from the Seattle Area?

I'd love to get together and cruise with you sometime.. DO you ride regular bikes as well?

As you see I'm in Duvall. No I don't do any pedal biking, or rather not much. My bike is in pieces right now, I'm in the middle of swapping parts for this jackshaft kit project.

There is another Seattle guy as well here, SeattleMike

We need to meet somewhere!