Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Basic starting out question from a beginner

Hi all-

I'm totally new to this and am working on my first build. I bought a raw motors 80 cc kit and have been Installng it the last two days. I think it's pretty much together now just needs tweaking and troubleshooting.

First thing I noticed that I was concerned about was that pulling the clutch lever doesn't seem to disengage the motor. The clutch is working (the handle turns when I pull the lever) but I'm not getting free of the motor and drive train. Its still almost impossible to push the bike freely. wHat mIght be the problem here?

Also if anyone could give me some tips on adjustments to the carburetor, throttle, etc that should be made before I fuel up and try to ride or other things to beware of I would really appreciate it. Just lookng for some standard default setting to set that will make the first start up go smoother. thank you for the help.

Last edited by rygarrett; 08-19-2009 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Not finished
Old 08-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator
Default Re: Basic starting out question from a beginner

Welcome rygarrett, glad you joined us.

Others will be along to help answer your questions or I will be back.