first build

GoldenMotor.com

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Well I started cutting metal this afternoon. Hoping to be a kind of ratty chopper. My buddy had an old trek mountain bike that I am using for parts. Hoping to get most of it done here tomorrow, as I have a new carburetor coming in early next week.

Well get some pictures up tomorrow of the progress.

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Well tubing is cut, and 80% done. Was able to get the rear tire mounted. Just need to attach the backbone, mount seat and install front forks. All I can say is that my welding really sucks..lol

Pile of parts

Build hanging from my garage rafter. My wife's bike is there for comparison.

Last edited:

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
There's just something about that second pic. I didn't know which way was up, which way was down.

And I was wondering if you'd welded two bicycles together.

When I read your caption, then it started making sense.

But...anyway....nice work. Keep them pics coming.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Looking good so far... doesn't look like much ground clearance at the bottom but that shouldn't be an issue on the street.
I'm liking it so far and will follow this one... nice job

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Yeah didn't plan on the clearance issue. I have just under 1.5", so I may try and either flatten the tube or cut and would a flat plate.

Aside from the flat tires, and the no brake issues.....which will be easily fixed by putting new parts on.

f250cobra

Nov 3, 2010
Central,Pa
You could probably solve your clearance issues with some new forks. I like how things are going so far, I'm gonna keep tabs on you. Keep it up!

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Yeah going to ride it like this for a bit and see how it goes. Planning on getting the pedal chain on tonight, and atleast pedal around a bit.

Waiting on piston rings before I can fire her up.

2035 central time.....frame is done and rolling! Well get pictures tomorrow, as I am having out for a new chain as well.

Last edited:

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Well more welding needed, or at least better welds. Took a turn to sharp and snapped the cranks off and buggered up my crank. I have replacements coming, so no worries just another delay.

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Yeah has to step away and come back fresh. Was able to get some airgun hunting five though,a few rabbits and some other pest critters that one of the farmers have been having issues with. Good way to spend a morning, and relax. And it is a great way to keep my freezer stocked as well.

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Well for my new crank bracket in, and everything is welded up. Ran the chain and hooked up the coaster break. Went for a little ride, and all went well. Nothing broke and she ride fairly well, though I will have to balance the wheels to keep things from rattling around.

The one thing I may change is either the handle bars, or move the seat post. The reach is a bit long, and I am rubbing my seat on the tire.

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Well got motor mounts in and everything set....only to find that my pedal chain us rubbing really bad on the clutch cover. So will remove motor and use this bike as a pedal bike. Guess that means I have to, get to...make another one!

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Well was able to get the motor on and running..though didn't like how not ran with the motor. With the really wide turns it took a bit to get it around turns. Took off the motor and going to keep this one pedal powered.