carb issue

GoldenMotor.com

BamaJNJ

Jul 15, 2013
Anniston,Alabama
I have a cns v3(i think) comes with all the extra hoses and blue cone filter, the problem is very fast idle AFTER riding for a little while...i let off the throttle pull in clutch and it doesnt want to idle down, u can barely adjust the idle screw and itll come down (like 1/4 turn), ive give up on mine and replaced it with a delorto clone, problem solved, but now the wifes bike is starting to do it...ive read the threads and thought maybe its a air leak but ill be darned if i can locate it...carb is tight as i can make it on intake and the white plastic insert is 90 deg from the nut n bolt on the carb,manifold is tight and gasket looks good...i thought maybe the cable is hanging up, but it springs back, everytime and looks right in the top of carb, seems to do it only after warming up and running for little bit, maybe the cylinder or manifold is warped or not flat? and only shows after getting warm?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
It sounds like an air leak to me. Check for leaks around the crank seals as well. They are easy to replace and good insurance even if not really needed. Is your fuel cap causing vapor lock and starving it for fuel? This can cause a high idle as well. Run it with the cap loose to check. Does your fuel petcock flow enough?