I was out riding and got to thinking.....

GoldenMotor.com
Feb 2, 2017
California
what is it with kids that whenever they see you riding your motorized bicycle, their eyes light up, and with a big grin on their face? Little munchkins best slow their roll if they know what's good for them........ don't want them getting too excited that when they grow up they're gonna lack discipline and do silly things out on the streets that will one day leave momma crying her eyes out because she never thought she'd be burying her kid....... all of this because the little booger saw you riding your motorized bicycle and became fascinated with speed ever since!

But seriously, these little devils just seem to love it when you ride past them.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
To me, it seems like the old-timers really light up when they see our machines. It's like they are transported back to simpler times.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
To me, it seems like the old-timers really light up when they see our machines. It's like they are transported back to simpler times.
I actually had that happen to me. It was several years back, when I had a cylindrical tank strapped into the frame of ol' Tempus. I was puttering up to the local Kroger store and looking for a place to chain up. There was a really old guy, about 80 or 90 at a guess, sitting out there on the sacks of water softener salt waiting for somebody. His eyes got big as dinner plates. I pulled up and he asked where I got the bike. So I told the story of building Tempus. Then he told me how my bike reminded him of an old Cleveland motorcycle he'd got from his father long ago when he was much younger. He said the thing was considered old-fashioned by the time he got it even then, but he said it ran rather well and was still faster than many of the cars around. He was getting a bit misty-eyed, and thanked me for showing off my bike to him. I told him *that* was certainly no problem; I enjoy showing her off.
I think we all do. Our machines are a little piece of ourselves that we aren't actually inclined to bury or hide, but rather an accomplishment with some personality attached.

Last edited: