Velocar cyclecar semi-replica.

GoldenMotor.com

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
As Zoran was asking about a pedalcar type front suspension and steering arrangement that could be transferred to a larger vehicle I thought this French 'Eureka' Fiat pedalcar would be of interest.

As far as pedalcars go I think this one is dead corker and I wouldn't mind one like it myself :D

Attachments

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
Bern (more) and Belgrade (less)
As Zoran was asking about a pedalcar type front suspension and steering arrangement that could be transferred to a larger vehicle I thought this French 'Eureka' Fiat pedalcar would be of interest.

As far as pedalcars go I think this one is dead corker and I wouldn't mind one like it myself :D
Annie,
Thank you - looks to me as small Carden cyclecar, if there could be smaller car than it? Interesting wooden chassis, suspension and steering!

And, now something just for you:

Attachments

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
Hello Annie,
Just to refresh yout love for vickery bodies: photos with side-cars made in such a style!
In Belgrade, and more around, there are a lot of good workshops that could make everything and anything in such techique... Many years ago I bought armchairs and caffee tabel for my son and found good artists during seartching for the best. Only, I am not sure that officials would accept that as proper body for light motorised quadricycle? (if ever built)

Attachments

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
... as I mentioned, some years ago searching for good complete for my son's room at attic, I found one workshop run by owner as only worker. He was in his forties and took old family business (left office work) he told me that he could make anything, juts if I gave him photo, sketch or description. Of course, such work was more expensive than everything "off the shelf".

Body for velocar (light motorized quadricycle, with pedals), if built one day? Body could be add later, after attest and registration.
P.S.: Sorry for "off-topic" photos, just a nostalgia - I made him this room at attic!

Attachments

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
I like the boat tail wicker car, one could attach it to hot air balloon
and drive away upon landing.

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
So that's how my name is spelled in Russian :)

A great video Zoran with some really original custom bicycles, but that basket weave quad really caught my attention. Thank you for posting the you tube link :D

Attachments

moto-klasika

Jan 12, 2013
Hello Annie,
That was simply Latin letters transformed to Cyrillic, but Russian would say it and write it in a different way.
On Serbian language it would looks like this:

Здраво Ани (Cyrillic)
Zdravo Ani (Latin)

We used both alphabets!
--- ---
For photos taken out of videos, I used the same first part as you, but later saved photo (one by one) at open word-document and later copied it to Download folder as JPG photo. Shall try your simpler way. My friend could use IrfanView to take a series of photos while interesting sequence of video is running?
--- ---
Russian boy made interesting quadricycle, wide a little – but he is happy and enjoy in driving it! Interesting surrounding: modest but cozy?

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Words fail me Zoran.....

After turning my mind inside out for ages and much sketching on the backs of envelopes I was about to admit defeat discovering on how the Colombe/Villard cyclecars actually managed to both drive and steer on the same wheel; - then a very thoughtful Villard owner uploaded these teerrrific photos to the web.......

In an instant the scales dropped from my eyes and I could see exactly how it all worked. I made up my mind then that I could do this. I have a modest, but well equipped workshop, I own a lathe, a drill press, welding gear .......
Most of all I've really come to like these quirky little French cyclecars which seems to me to be a really good reason to want to build one.
I've just about finished doing the work I promised to do on my daughter's electric bike with pretty much just the sparky electrickery stuff left to do which she understands completely and I don't, - so very soon my time will be my own.

A restored Colombe/Villard on the road having fun

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Annie,
Well aren't those photos informative and interesting. I'm so glad to hear you are getting close to working on your grand machine of dreams. It will be a doozy. Go slow and easy does it, savoring your good health and your good fortune in having the skills, opportunity and desire to build.
SB

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Well. That makes sense; it's just a CV joint. I knew they existed before the 1926 Tracta came into being. I think the Colombe is 1925? Maybe? So I think you have one of the earliest forms of CV-driven front-wheel-drive here. Now, even though the 1900 Société Parisienne Victoria had front drive, its engine was mounted on the front fork like a Bike Bug or Velosolex, so the Colombe is actually really innovative.