Hi De Ho Motor-o's I'm done lurking !

GoldenMotor.com

ex_cathedra

Mar 7, 2009
dixon il
Hi everybody ! I've been lurking and loving what I was reading here.I ordered motors and 2 new bikes to go with them.I think I went overboard because I am broke now for the rest of the month !So while my bikes and motors were in transit I lurked and lurked.Welp they are here and now I can speak up!
My friend is helping me make these.He is a former vintage Jaguar mechanic,and a biker when he was younger so I think he can pull it off.He finds these bikes as interesting as I do,As I write this he is starting work on my brand new Greenline Beach cruiser.We also have a Brand new Montego (cheapie)
""beach cruiser".The Montego is cheap compared to the Greenline.I also found two choppers used I probably shouldn't have bought....I have one West Coast Chopper,and a girls Stingray ...the difference is the pink flames (and they may come off ).
I am near Dixon Illinois and if anyone in Dixon wants to buy the West Coast Chopper(for $50 what I paid for it) let me know.
That one looks real hard to do.
This is scary taking a brand new bike as nice as the Greenline and screwing things to the new paint,and maybe chopping fenders on it.
I do have a question as I see a bad front fender can faceplant you and I don't think I would like to try faceplanting!
The choppers are on the back burner for now...
I also have a curvy mens 6 speed MAGNA Vermillion thats aluminum that looks good for $5 (all I had was women's bikes,one a road bike,and one mountain bike that wouldn't do the motors)
Now I see the aluminium bike may not be so good?
Thats another bike on the back burner.
Anyway today starts the build on the Greenline oversized beach cruiser.The next is the Montego
I bought 2 Greenline springer forks, one for the Greenline,and one for the Montego.
Well the Greenline Springer fork has a hole for the brake but none for the fender...
I would like both fenders on both bikes.The fender may fit the springer with the Montego...but the Greenline fender is too fat for the springer.
And even if it wasn't I don't see how we can attach it if it did.
The back fender is another issue too.
The Greenline has a beautiful candy apple red paint job and a ducktail fender I would like to keep on it and chopping it up makes me a little squeamish.
(And that faceplanting thing is something to consider!)
I found your forum via Google when i had questions it seems like this is one of the best forums on the subject.
So Hi De Ho !
Thanks for being here !
Heres the bikes!

Attachments

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Welcome and there are mounting kits on ebay for the choppers if you want to go with them. I know how you feel about messin' up a perfectly good bike. All my bikes come from the thrift store. That was if I screw them up and I usually do, no real loss to the world of biking or my pocketbook.

Good luck and you and your mechanic friend will love those bikes.

ex_cathedra

Mar 7, 2009
dixon il
Thankye fairracing and deacon ! I saw those mounts from Barry on eBay thanks to lurking here.I hope my friend can make me one when the time comes for the Stingray. I just brought the Stingray home yesterday.It almost broke my nose getting it out of the car! I used to live a LOT closer to Chicago but I escaped to the country ! Where I used to live there were lotsa thrift shops,but in the rural area's it's slim pickings for clothes and I haven't seen a bike in any of these yet.
I got the Stingray and West Coast Chopper on Craigslist but out here it's a lot of driving to get what you want.
I am however having a little difficulty navigating the forums here.There are a LOT of posts here!
Do you access the forums through quick links?
Never the less thanks again for your support and making me feel at home here!!!!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy and welcome. You have great taste in bikes and really jumped right in to this. Is a great addiction. Be sure to check out the events section. the rallys are a blast! Really good and fun folks in to this crazy.

Most of my builds have been aluminum and never had a problem. Have a point beach that out lived one 2 stroke, got another and am now putting a 4 stroke on her. Over 1200 miles now. Steel is better, though. Really have to shore up the front fenders or ditch 'em.

Great to meet ya, ride safe

ex_cathedra

Mar 7, 2009
dixon il
Hi Dan ! Well I also have a vintage looking carrier rack for the back,and some real nice leather fringe slant bags....Hate to get them all muddy,and me muddy too! I also bought some 11 inch apehangers...though at 11 inches they are more like rhesus monkey bars? My friend building this says not to use them on the Greenline,theres generator lights,mirrors etc sitting in boxes waiting for installation....I hoped to have it look sort of like an old Whizzer Ambassador-ish look for the two cruisers.However I went wayyyy overboard (I was depressed cuz I got a bad haircut !)so I went spend crazy!
These bikes may get sold as soon as they are done because the porch is now falling off my house!
I got ripped off on the first motor =-( spent $180,and it has a pull start that wont clear the pedals,so my friend took off the pull start, and he says he will make a plate...we'll see how that goes.)
Thanks on the encouragement on the aluminum
bike cuz thats the one I may end up with !
That one has a suspension seat which makes it a little too high for me.
I wish there was a gas motor for ladies bikes.
They are a lot less scary if you slip after hitting a pot hole er sumthin.
Isn't a MAGNA a Huffy ?
I could not find ONE picture of the MAGNA Vermillion 6 speed on the entire www.
Like someone said here....if Huffy made an airplane ...would you fly in it?
At least with these you don't have to have the seat adjusted for a full extension of your leg for the downpedal when you're motoring !
Thanks for the welcome Dan and the advisements.
Like I said though the front fender is too fat for the springer front end.
Also no where to mount it.
With no fender on front it would be OK looking I guess,but not the look I was trying to achieve.Then it would get the ape hangers?
(For the hot rod look)
Are the back fenders dangerous?
And even if not they need to be cut I think after looking at all the pics of the bikes with fenders I have seen so far....
It's about 85-90% done now and he will finish it tomorrow?
I want the tank painted red too with white sides and have two crossed checkered flags decals coming that say ZM 50cc cuz it's an 80cc which I have seen is really a 66 cc? So for the sake of the Po-po a good decal should allow the power of suggestion to imply it's 50.I didn't know 50 was the limit in my state till after I bought what i thought was the Deluxe Motor 80cc w/pull start,and some crazy 3 speed clutch?
I cannot tell if the handle for the clutch is plastic (which I hear from lurking about, break)because it is black.
The second motor is a Grubee 48cc Starfire cuz I am scared of the police.They are not all crazy,but there are taser crazy psycho cops these days.
I had a GUN pulled on me in the icky Chicago suburbs because I had a Porsche 924 with two flat tires for one and a half business days IN MY OWN DRIVEWAY!
I have escaped to the country because of that!(And redlight camera's with shortened amber lights)
The so called government is out of control and run by sociopaths.
The bigger the population the more weirdo's that think they are "authorities" and try and run every aspect of your waking life.
That was a KRIME they said...one flat no crime.
I had wheels on order and it started off with zoners putting a big red sticker on the car.
I also caught the city lying to me and they admitted it.
They didn't like it every time they said anything else & you say"I caught you in a lie....how do I know you're not lying NOW?"
Then after a while 12 cops and one pulled a gun ...for talking !
I told him G'wan Shoot me! I could use the non disclosure settlement money.
An the older cop blocked the gun of the jitterbug cop.
Anyway I digress....
Toodaloo 4 now Dan and thanks again!
Heres my brand new slant bags (one of them)and my rack

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Hi ex_cathedra. Wow, 180 then shipping? can get wide cranks. They look odd but would work. bicycle-engines.com has one and 3 pc sets. I am just doing my first 4 stroke and the one pc that came with it was really easy to put in.
A rack mount would be great on a womans bike frame. There are a few but I really like thatsdax. Great service and hardware.
The back fenders seem to do well. I spray paint the inside where they attach to the frame but have never heard of any one having a problem with the rear fenders.

The 50/80 cc thing never comes up and I have never met a cop here who even know about the difference. They look exactly the same even if they did look close.

That is a bummer big time about the way the cops were/are. really is getting out of hand. Glad your better off now
Cool looking bags! That's gonna look sharp

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Hi, And Welcome. You Landed In A Good Place!! You Are Starting Out With Nice Toys. I Have 3 Of The Choppers, And One Of The Tiny Ones That Come With Training Wheels. I Am Way To Big For The Choppers, But They Are So Cool.. I Often Go To The Top Of The Forum Page And Click On "recent Posts", Then I Get The Freshest Scuttlybutt!! Ha Ha The Forum Is As Important As The Kit!! Imho. Enjoy Your Builds. They Need Tlc And You Shouldn`t Hollar At Them !:-|| Ron

ex_cathedra

Mar 7, 2009
dixon il
Well it was 182.00 with shipping and insurance.I wanted the EPA approved (which I see the Chinese fake those tags also)and the latest incarnation of the motor.Just thought it was the most deluxe.The Grubee was 129 with shipping or something like that.Reasonable.Yeah ! I really like those bags too, !!!!
I have a motorcycle license but didn't like motorcycles.When they break you're stuck!I like bicycles because you were the motor,and it was better for your cardiovascular system than twisting your wrist.The terrain out here makes the motorbicyle the best of both worlds!(I am outside of Dixon<~Dixon is Roland Reagan's home town and is Nazi-ville)I always call him Roland on purpose so the Reagan lovers can correct me ! LOL Then I say no,I think it was Roland They have pictures of his Howdy Doody puss all over Dixon yet.He is thier false god still.My friend and I did a drive by spitting on his boyhood home! Thanks Ronnie for the Bushes ! I digress yet again...
Out here there are a lot of mild grades that are uphill all the way,and the occasional big dog that'll woof at ya and chase ya.Which is not so good on a long uphill grade and you are pooped out..Where I used to live I had one of Illinois' best bike paths out my back door.It was perfect for my Schwinn 10 speed road bike.I really miss that path along the Fox River.But it wasn't worth it to live in the city run by megalomaniac self absorbed idiots who sat around thinking of things you cannot do enforced by armed to the teeth bulletproof vest wearing men in cop costumes and magical pentagram pins.
(Actually when the city was run by the former Police Chief it was a great town...but they forced him out)
I was saying for the last 2 summers..If I'm gonna ride 20 miles a day again...I need a motor!
So this (motorized bike)is grrrreat !
I weighed the options,and didn't like the rackmount because the center of gravity thingie...electric doesn't get you too far,and then I saw this thing and that would be even worse if you had a pothole or slipping forward incident ! I had to LOL at this thing.No way would I wanna ride this !
=-) So the cruiser is for me...I guess.
And yes! This is a good place ! Thanks!

Attachments

ex_cathedra

Mar 7, 2009
dixon il
Hi, And Welcome. You Landed In A Good Place!! You Are Starting Out With Nice Toys. I Have 3 Of The Choppers, And One Of The Tiny Ones That Come With Training Wheels. I Am Way To Big For The Choppers, But They Are So Cool.. I Often Go To The Top Of The Forum Page And Click On "recent Posts", Then I Get The Freshest Scuttlybutt!! Ha Ha The Forum Is As Important As The Kit!! Imho. Enjoy Your Builds. They Need Tlc And You Shouldn`t Hollar At Them !:-|| Ron
Hiya neat ! The Stingray is beautiful,and almost has the look of the new Whizzer Ambassador in a way.
There is a Whizzer dealer in Dixon (Nazi town)Illinois.I wonder if I went to a welding place if they could do something to make the frame bigger ...The Schwinn Spoiler uses the same wheels no?
I have seen some adults riding the Stingray and it doesn't look too gay when you're motoring instead of pedalling on You tube.
Not sure what to do with that thing...may motor it and sell it?
Same with the Jesse James Chopper.I just couldn't resist buying them.
Total 100 dollars for both of them.
Isn't there a page here with just all the different forums like a menu of them?
PS I like your 70 Moostang...I had a red 69 Mach 1 that was stolen from me by a former Chicago cop LOL
I wish there was a link here that would lead you to all the forums like usenet used to have by category.Or if there is one I cannot find it?

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Good Morning Ex. Even At $200 Bucks I Think We Get A Lot For The Money. The Pull Start And Auto Clutch Cost More, Are Fairly New Options, I Did Not Hear Of Them Very Long Ago. There Was A New Thread Started Yesterday, That You May Want To Read. Transmission Froze?? His 2 Post, First Ride, His Chain Jammed In The Engine, Did A Lot Of Damage To Him And The Bike, Bent Wheels Etc. The Chain Idler Must Have Broke Or Something. It Locked Up The Back Wheel. The Freewheel On The Back Wheel Or Shift Kit Now Becomes A Safety Option. With The Free Wheel On The Left Side A Pull Start Is Needed. I Believe There Is Over 6000 Members On This Forum. Thanks To "hiker" We Have Awsum Emocons! I Have Some Rear Mount Friction Drives, The Weight Over The Back Wheel Is Not A Problem At All. Am Working On Rack Mount Rear Chain Drive, One Setup Using The Belt Drive Variable Speed Trans. That Should Be Nice, Starts Out About 32:1 Gear Ratio And Goes To 14:1, Waiting For Custom Made Parts (will Be A Freewheel Setup). The China Girl Motors Look The Best. Check Out The Locked Up Chain Thing. Do You Know About Putting A Screw Or Bolt In The Idler Bracket So It Can`t Go Into The Spokes? . Ron. PS WE ARE GETTING THE 70 STANG READY FOR EBAY. I HAVE A 72 MACH 1 PRO STREET (NARROWED AND TUBBED 460 CID STREET DRIVEN ONLY) WILL AUCTION NEXT MONTH. HAVE A NEW 514 CUBIC INCH 600 HP ON PUMP GAS TO SELL WITH IT . trk.bld..duh.

Last edited:

ex_cathedra

Mar 7, 2009
dixon il
That Back Chain Looks Scary Loose. Do You Have A Test Driver?? Ha Ha Ron
Ha ! Yes it was loose at that point.And yes I do have a test driver LOL ! (It ain't me !)
But I have a question here.The guy who is building my bike took off the pull start,and says he is either going to cut down the cover(as it won't clear the pedals with it it on)so thats got things on hold.
He also gutted that three speed clutch handle,and the handle is plastic.I was wary about that and had him look at the forum here and someone said it was for three speed bikes?I don't think so but I have been reading this forum for weeks.
So it looks like the clutch isn't disengaging because he can't get it to pedal freely.
The lever says three speed? But now it is gutted of the parts in the lever. And there were no instructions on how to hook it up.So he gutted it...
I read that the plastic levers break and you need to get a new one.Do you know where I can get a new lever,and are you familiar with this pull start motor with the "three"speed clutch?
I was trying to wrap my brain around what you were saying there but I don't get it .
If I can find a new clutch lever (would like to find a new plate to cover the area where the pull start was too but he thinks he can cut it down and make it work)but with the new clutch lever would it work like a normal 80/66cc?
A search for the clutch lever just gets me loads of complete China motors.

ex_cathedra

Mar 7, 2009
dixon il
Does anyone know about this 3 speed clutch thing? Is the motor different?
Is the transmission different????????????? Also I searched the forum with the term "Transmission froze" and am not finding those posts. Did he have a 3 speed clutch ? Is that what caused the accident? Is my transmission different? Is it better ? For the second bike I have a plain old Grubee 48 Starfire. But the guy building this bike is getting angry with me the 2nd bike may not get built I'm wondering.
I had a chance to return this motor but passed on it and now am stuck with this new "improved"motor.
Now "improved"with a gutted out plastico handle.
I'm lost now.