I need help on a few simple things with my cruiser build.

GoldenMotor.com

lucajo16

Dec 12, 2013
cincinnati, ohio
So I finally started my build but have ran into some snags. The dam acorn nuts keep cross threading to my studs and now I can't get the bolt loose so I need a local auto shop that will sell Thies but I don't know of anywhere except auto zone. Then I bought a Ada racing filter and had it attached to the carb but when I dry mount the carb it won't clear the space between the motor intake and the bikes downtube. Any ideas? My kit was a bikeberry kit and if it acts up like my last engine did I'm never buying there kits again. I know there parts are usually ok.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
lucajo16- Let's see if we can get you squared away.

Please give us the following information;

Bicycle size/ type etc

Engine kit size/ type etc

What acorn nuts? What stud?

Post pics if you can, that really helps. Be as clear as you can, and more members will naturally respond to your questions.

Air filter/ carb clearance issues have been covered many times here, enter "offset intake" into the search bar at the top of the page and you should have all the info you need.

Last edited:

JangAlang

May 8, 2014
illinois
hey there..as a 2x bikeberry owner i feel your pain. My first engine was and still is perfect running..now the 2nd motor i bought from them on black friday came with the clutch shaft seal backwards..and it still is giving me issues.. rose12 something on ebay sells a well put together engine(there is a page on this sitethat says something bout it..or you can ask someone) just in case. Anyways, those acorn nuts shoulda been the first thing removed per 2doors instruction as they suck..hex nuts..as to getting it off you minds well just take the whole rod out cause i broke my stud trying to get it off and now i have to tap it which seems worse than just changing the nuts. And getting a torque wrench to set it right at 120 inch lbs-140 max. As for the filter its up to you how to fit it..too big is too big. Just my experience and thoughts all wrapped in one. hope ya get it fixed....

Chainreaction

Dec 14, 2014
Tulsa OK
I like Lowes (home improvement store) for hardware stuff, they carry a surprising amount of stuff. You have a nut stuck? Do you have something with a cutoff blade to cut the nut off? Like a dremel or 4" grinder. Stuff is cheap now at Harbor Freight if you have one around.