Plotting A new Build

GoldenMotor.com

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
Well some of you may have seen my project going on right now isn't finished yet and now i get the good news that i will be moving to Las Vegas, NV in the spring.

So with all of the knowledge i have picked up here so far will be put to great use because i will be doing it all over again then.

So i guess the description of what i want to achieve is necessary first.

Not sure if i will buy a new motor kit or just take mine with me yet.
The plan is to build from the Frame up with a SBP Trans Kit and at least a 3speed internal Hub.
The first question would be. What frame to use. Would really like a true chopper style of 26" size but the motor kits are rough to mount.

Is there a bike made anymore that has the right size tubes for both front and back that can use a decent sized tire on at least a 2"

I am figuring around 500 for Bike only parts to start

Any suggestions would be welcomed

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
With your price range, you are open to endless possibilities.

I don't know if you can find a bike with the easy to mount old school tubing, but you can buy a really nice used hardtail mountain bike with heavy duty goodies on it for not too much. I know that won't have your 3 speed, but you could always change that out.

I prefer to build using the old bikes for several reasons, some of which are the frames, and good components. (mostly)